2400 sq. ft. coverage?

Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?

TIA...

Reply to
GuitarMan
Loading thread data ...

Depends on your dimensions and building materials, but a Linksys WRT54G ought to work just fine there.

I've got a couple of Linksys WAP54G routers at opposite ends of my larger house, but am looking at putting a single AP more in the center...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Linksys WRT54G. Version 4 and below. You can get a used one on eBAy. They are LINUX based so if you need a repeater due to the size of your home

3rd party firmware canbe downloaded so you can run WDS serivce between the repeater(s) and the main router that does the DHCP or Static IP addressing.

formatting link

Reply to
TH

CompUSA brand 802.11g router. They are cheap (I bought one earlier this year for $9.99 after rebate), the firmware is rock solid, and best of all they can be configured as WDS repeaters, so if one doesn't cover the whole house, you can just buy another one or two to fill in the holes. No wiring needed.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

You can always get an external antenna for it.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
hackman_3vilGuy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.