Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

19dBi Parabolic Grid
Bought ages ago for a project that never really took flight :( Need to sell it to clear space. It's currently on Auckland's North Shore, and would prefer pickup, but willing to ship if need be. Was...

Wireless Range Extender
I currently have the D-Link DWL-G710 Wireless Range Extender and it works great. On the second floor of my house I only received about 20%-30% signal from the bedroom. With the D-Link I have 100%...

transfer from desktop to laptop
I have a new laptop (Vista Home Premium) wirelessly linked to a wireless G router and an old desktop (XP Professional) wired by network cable to that router. Both can successfully access the internet....

Power over the ethernet
I have two wireless access points, a Cisco 1121g and a Gateway 7001 a/b/g. I want to use power over the ethernet to help unclutter the set-up. I can easily get a Cisco injector w/ Cisco power supply,...

Adaptive Antenna System
Hi, Is there any document / link that explains the Adaptive Antenna System (AAS) w.r.t WiMAX in detail . I did search , but got only high level idea about Adaptive Antenna System. - An Adaptive...

Wireless Sensor Networks - design
hey! does any of you crossed with some software for wireless sensor design? To be more specific I'm looking for some software that given some parematers (ex. area), with respect to connectivity or...

Belkin N1 problem
I've just brought my wireless router back from work and tried to set it up at home with very limited success. The first problem was remembering the login password. I blatantly couldn't remember it so...

HELP ME-I am not able to read my messages.
Hi, I had a problem with my mobile sms inbox. It is a classic model i had two options for receiving messages. One is sms inbox and the other is RUIM card days ago, i had received a message which...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Wireless broadband possible? [USA]
I've wanted some Internet service that I can access on the road from different places in the USA, that means that I usually have some level of connectivity, and at least in many metropolitan areas...

How can I find my Router name and Password?
I have a D-link router, Comcast Cable and Windows XP. I am trying to setup a home network with Magic Network Setup program and at same time it asks for the name and password of my router....

Increase a laptop wifi range
Hi all, I live in a complex which provides me an awful internet connection. Each building has his own access point, but the nearest to me gets disconnected (would you say go down maybe? or inactive?)...

Sharing files & Printing from Laptop to.....
Hello Friends, I just purchased the Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. I have connected succesfully my main computer and my wireless laptop to the router. Now I would like to know how do I share files...

Can i do this? Making my Server2003 a wireless router
hi, I have a windows 2003 server box with RRAS that works as a NAT. The server also has DHCP and of course AD and DNS Question is, can i get a wireless NIC and put it in my server and setup the WNIC...