Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Coffee shop wifi will not give me IP address, but gives everyone else IP address. But static IP works!
I'm sitting here in my favorite coffee shop, noticing people working around me with their laptops. They're all connected to the internet. I have a Dell M90, with a Dell Wireless 1490 Dual B and WLAN...

Slow pings to router
i have 2 computers, a laptop & a desktop (PC). They both connect to a netgear wireless router - the laptop, without any problems. The PC was fine for about 2 years. However, it recently had a netgear...

Wireless Fourms is now ipv6
Hi everyone, Thanks to is now connected via ipv6. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: 'High-Def Digest is your ultimate source for everything 4K,...

D-link 624 Version C problem with wireless portion
This morning I cannot get the wireless portion to my laptop to work with the above router. It always worked before without trouble. Both machines use windows XP and they are within 3 feet from each...

Prevent file sharing for one computer
I have a cable broadband connection with dynamic IP. I set up a wireless network to share internet and files on my laptop. I want to add a 3rd computer but only want it to share the internet...

Run PC as DHCP server with wireless DSL Router/Modem??
Listers I have a D-Link DSL G624M which is great. However, I need a setting that will make one PC as the DHCP server. Is it possible to do this such that the other Computers still connect wirelessly...

Flashing a WRT54G router (with v7.00.1 firmware) with a linux firmware?
I have a WRT54G router with v7.00.1 firmware (serial number starting CDFE1...) and I would like to flash it with one of the Linux firmware distros (for better QoS, user restriction management, etc)...

Flashing a WRT54G router (with v7.00.1 firmware) with a linux firmware?
I have a WRT54G router with v7.00.1 firmware (serial number starting CDFE1...) and I would like to flash it with one of the Linux firmware distros (for better QoS, user restriction management, etc)...

please help for this port block in my country
please i need help for this problem i have account in but iam new and when i will try to used this account cant connect and now find the problem its the port the company give me in details the port...

Inconsistent Connection...Help Please
Okay this is the problem...my wireless network was working perfectly, It was very consistent, took a very short time to open pages, didn't have any lag whatsoever on Warcraft 3 or other games, then...

FCC database URL
I once got the URL for the FCC device registration, but I have lost it. Anyone know that location? Thanks, Larry

Unable to contact DHCP server
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm not a networking person by any means, but I've been able to set up my home network in the past. I just upgraded to a Linksys WRT300N and I'm able to get both...

Manchester free Wi Fi
Does anyone know anything about the free Wi Fi in Manchester that is supposed to be available?

Problems with Airstation G54 and WRT54G
I have had this setup for a few months without any issues: ADSL - Airstation G54 --- (wireless) --- WRT54G - ( wired) - Main PC, Xbox360, Wii Plus a laptop using the Airstation wirelessly as well....

802.11n troubles
This might be of interest: