Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WEP vs WPA
Judging by your questions, you're way over your head to ask them...much less deploy a network. Your local yellow pages most likely has computer shops that are very experienced at this.

How can I tell whether a ASUS Wireless PCI Card WL-138GE is working?
My daughter has the above Asus PCI card installed on her son's desktop computer, which runs windows xp. She has her own desktop computer, which is hardwired to the D-link router about 20 feet away....

WEP / WPA problems
Hello, everyone. This is my first time in a forum. The reason I'm here is due to a rather heated discussion I had this evening with my teenage son. I just purchased a new Dell desktop and was...

Can't set password.
Thanks for reply. I wondered about that but my laptop does not have an ethernet outlet. Sounds like I should borrow one and try my luck.

The classic Wireless to Wired problem
Hello, I've read tons of posts on this forum and others dealing with similar problems to mine, but with slight discrepencies that seem to make a huge difference. So, here goes an attempt to describe...

Why connected via Linksys when I have D-Link?
I have a wireless Router D-link DI624, Windows Media XP, yet somewhere I saw ( I do not recall where, not in Device Manager) that shows: Connected Via: Linksys Line 100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (line...

Iu-CS in UMTS
Hi, I understand that Iu-CS is the interface in UMTS which links the RNC (Radio Network Controller) with a 3G MSC (3G Mobile Switching Centre). But, what is the expansion/meaning for 'Iu' in 'Iu-CS' ?...

Need a 6 Wirless AP's, need help chosing which model
Will need to place 6 wireless ap's into a large home (6 for full coverage) Am guessing 802.11G??? Seems to be what's in most laptops today, not too worried about tomorrow's standards unless you know...

If you offer or use free wifi please read on
We are publishing a directory of free wifi hotspots that people can load on their PCs and PDAs for when they are offline trying to find a place to go online. We've made it easy for additional sites to...

Wireless router WEP problems
Hi, I'm new to your site, so I hope this is the proper place for this question. I'm subletting an apt w/ wireless. I have the network name and password, "bulldog." The problem is when I enter the...

Installation problems
hey all, I will run things through from start to finish, so you can actually answer my question, which is : WHY wont my computer boot, and why did it burn up my ram??? Building from scratch:: 450w PSU...

Strength meter : which to buy
I need a strength meter. I couldn't find a good review of any. Must be for 802 a b g linksys router. Thanks i'm sure this question has been asked before. One the scretary ask me to solve this problem.

Linksys WRT54GS and Talisman Firmare Prob.
I have a Linksys V.1 WRT54GS and I just updated the firmware to Talisman V1.3.1. When I make a change and click save I get the following message: "The values you entered are invalid. Please try...

Can't connect PC and PDA
I've had an adhoc wireless network working between my PC (XP SP2) and PDA (Mobilepro 900 CE4.2)- but next time I tried to get them connected, it didn't work and has not since. ICS has vanished from...

Linksys WRT54GS and Talisman Firmare Prob.
I have a Linksys V.1 WRT54GS and I just updated the firmware to Talisman V1.3.1. When I make a change and click save I get the following message: "The values you entered are invalid. Please try...