Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

For the geeks - can 2 wireless routers talk to each other ?
I have a couple of Quest 2Wire 2700 HG-D DSL/Wireless routers Is there a way to set them up in 2 different parts of the house so that they talk to each other ? This is to avoid having to run about 30...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

how to limit the selection of available networks
Using WinXP.... is there any way to limit (or filter) the list of available wireless networks that my adapter finds? I already have the "automatically connect to preferred network" option selected......

The web is now mobile and can help you save money smarter on SMS!
The mobile web is not only fun and games but a serious tool which can help save lots of money when applied correctly. Blitzplanet is a free-to-download service, which lets users send text, picture and...

Wireless suddenly slow, but only on one PC
Hi all, O/S = XP Pro SP2 Router = Linksys WRT54GL Standard Firmware Card = Linksys WMP54G In the last few days, my internet connection has been excruciatingly slow from my PC. It has completely...

Accessing Setup on Wireless
Hi, I have a Belkin wired router to a cable modem. It works and I don't want to modify my setup for my wired machines, so I'm leaving it in place. I have a wireless router (D-Link 624) which I want to...

Wireless Traffic Interfering With Sound
A very strange problem started occurring with my Sager NP-5320 notebook a couple weeks ago. I noticed when I would play any sort of audio through the web, in Winamp, games, etc. the audio would snap,...

Restrict Roaming Users Access
Where I work, we have users who work on the internal network and roaming users who work out on site, but reguarly visit the office. The users working on the internal network have their internet access...

Help me choose AP/wireless router
I want a new wireless router/AP.. Something that has a WAN port - will separate WiFi and intranet - a switch. Plus it should support a few standards. My target standard is 802.11g, it would be nice if...

Using my old SMC to give free internet to people
I have 'SMC7004VWBR' ( AP. It's about time to retire it, because it only provides WEP and there is no more support for it. I'm getting a new AP that supports WPA2 and faster standard. With this...

wifi hotspot in the garden
Hi! Having read through numerous forums and web sites without finding anyone who seems to have the same problem as me, i am posting on your forum in the hope that someone can help me. I live in a...

problem with aironet 1200 series (wifi)
Hello, I have a little problem. Well, I have 3 aironet cisco 1200 series and there are frequent disconnects. the three aironet are each on channel 1,6,11, same ssid . and i did on each: power local...

issues with WNR854T
Hi Trying to connect WNR511T wireless card to WNR854T router. Want to get 802.11N connection, however its still topping out at G. I set the speed at 300Mbps max at the router wireless settings - no...

Cannot access gmail through wireless
Weird problem with my Netgear WPN511 wireless card. I can access all websites except gmail, google maps, google groups etc. (I can access when using my wireless card. Ping statistics show request...