Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

D-Link DWL G510 (rev C) as an access point...
Hi, I've had a D-Link DWL G510 Revision C NIC card for a while now and I remember when I first got it, I managed to set it up as an access point. Recently it has stopped working and I can't seem to...

Privacy
I have connected to my son's computer by a wireless Dlink router but he can access my email. Is this a normal for a wirelss connection; or have I done someting. apologies for being so dumb but this is...

new 2wire SBC install
A friend of mine just got DSL from SBC, and asked me to set it up for her. She received a self-install kit with a 2wire wireless modem 2701HG-B. I wasn't properly prepared for that ;-( I thought I was...

Help with Wireless Network
Hi, hoping someone can help us out here. I have a wireless network using cable internet. We have 2 desktops and 2 laptops. The 2 laptops connect to my network just fine (automatically) my 2 desktops...

Wireless strength fine on 2 Laptops but not on 3rd - where would i start?
Hi, hopefully this is easy for someone - if not i am looking at replacing a laptop, or smashing it up in frustration :eek: We have 2 Mac laptops and one HP one. With a Netgear router + Netgear...

Wireless - IP address problem?
I don't know much about computers at all - today we got our modem and tried to set it up, and ethernet works fine, but I have been tearing my hair out about the wireless all afternoon! If I leave the...

dwl-2100ap as repeater
[image: i need to share my DSL connection with my friend,as u see there is no LOS,so we brought d-link DWL-2100ap to work as repeater,the problem is i dunno how to set dwl-2100ap,there are several...

Fleshing trendnet TEW-510APB
Hy, I need some help with Trendnet TEW-510APB (fw:1.1.21). Is it possible to upload some firmware from Dlink AP, like DWL-7100AP. Has anyone tried to do this. I want to use my TEW-510APB in repeater...

Adding an amp ....
What would be the consequences of adding an amp to a WHR-HP-G54? I know it already has an internal amp, but at 9 miles with 24dBi parabolics, the signal is usable but not great. These still have the...

New Java package for low-level network socket access
Creare, Inc. is pleased to announce that we're releasing our internally developed JavaSock API for reading and writing packets at the IP, TCP, and ethernet frame levels (including some support for...

Cannot Connect to Wireless Router
Hi there how are you? I have a laptop installed Windows 2000 on it Sp4 and I can't get my usb wireless key (IO-Data WN-B11) to connect on the windows 2000. For some reason I don't know how to set it...

Best setup for penetrating walls?
I'll soon be getting satellite internet and need to connect three desktop computers to the modem. C1 and C2 are in two rooms in a steel-sided building. They can be connected to the modem via c6 cable...

Wireless Protocol Question
Hello, I have a question about the 802.11g protocol. If you have 10 users connected to an AP, 9 of them are close and can get speeds of up to 54Mb/s, 1 of them is right on the range point and can only...

Need help with an alfa AIP-W610h AP.
Hi everybody, anyone used this model can help me with configurations? Many thanks in advance.:confused: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

fleshing trendnet TEW-510
Hy, I need some help with Trendnet TEW-510APB (fw:1.1.21). Is it possible to upload some firmware from Dlink AP, like DWL-7100AP. Has anyone tried to do this. I want to use my TEW-510APB in repeater...