Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Different Wireless speeds on 2 hard drives
Hi all, I have two hard drives in my computer, both with windows xp sp2 On my first hard drive, when i run a speed test, i get results of about 16 Mbps, but when i run the same speed test on the other...

Client Mode?
I have a the Linksys WRT54G Ver. 2 . I am trying to test for signals. I was told that I need the router in client mode. Is this true and what would I need to get this thing working. I have been...

Interface name...
hey guys... its my first post and i wanna ask a small question that i have with me for a while.. what is interface name(RE: wireless) and how can i find the interface name of my wireless??? if its...

Are these the "Ten Steps to Public Hotspot Wireless Privacy"
From another thread, are these the ten steps to public hotspot wireless privacy? Is this the procecedure for "anonymous" public hot spot privacy? 1. Find public hot spot (eg use Turn off your wireless...

Power emitted by AP when active and when disabled
I have a Linksys WRT54G, and I'd like to know 1) how much power is emitted from the antennas when wireless is active and 2) how much power is emitted from the antennas when wireless is disabled (in...

WiFi vs DSL
Would someone please explain the advantage of adding a WiFi router to an existing DSL connection? Bill

Wireless Devices
We provide wireless devices, details can be received by email: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: 'High-Def Digest is your ultimate source for...

Long Range AD-HOC
hello, all. well let me be frank, im trying to setup a long range ad-hoc link between my robot and laptop, the robot has a fully functional xp and normal i/o setup. how would i go around planning this...

Zyxel wireless router - suddenly wireless-less
Weird problem. My Zyxel P-660HW-61 4xport router has suddenly lost its wireless capability. I mean, there's not even a 'Wireless' item on the Advanced menu in the configuration, so there's no way of...

External antenna on Sitcom WL 172
Hi, i bought a wi fi usb key and i want to connect it to an external antenna (that i ve alredy made). I disassembled the key but i can't find the internal antenna. Can anyone help me? i attach 2...

switching out hard drive
Old fud lost in space going back and trying to re-establish old pc ties. I have an 8 yr old pc I'd like to put a new 30gb hard drive in. That's what's there now. As long as I match up what where with...

I need to buy Long Range Wireless Antenna
Hi guys Im new to this forum and this my first post..What i need is to buy a long range antenna that is fit to travel miles away to get wireless internet, can any body advise me or if they have for...

Mikrotik WDS and Hotspot
Hi, I need to cover a large area with a hotspot layout. (10 APs) How can i do this with Mikrotik router 500s and WDS? Does each MT have to be configured as a hotspot or do they relay all traffic to...

Is there any way I can make existing electricals wireless?
thread: ask it here, you get the answer here. The answer is maybe, since you didn't clearly define the question. You can get media streaming devices from say Dlink. The video sits on your PC and the...

D-Link DWL G510 (rev C) as an access point...
Hi, I've had a D-Link DWL G510 Revision C NIC card for a while now and I remember when I first got it, I managed to set it up as an access point. Recently it has stopped working and I can't seem to...