Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I need some help really bad!!!
Hello gentlemen! I figured this would be the best place to post my dilema - I hope someone here can help. Here is my problem: I have recently (2 days ago) bought a new car - A dodge Magnum RT with...

Trouble detecting network
I have an HP Pavilion running XP with Broadcom 802.11b/g wireless. About a week ago, it stopped detecting any wireless network. Other computers have been able to connect, so I know our (open) network...

Help Needed!! draft n
should i upgrade my router to a one fitted with draft n? what is so good about it? Can i use it with my laptop and desktop which i've brought a few years ago??...

Wireless settings problem
Having trouble setting up a wireless connection for my room mate. Every time we set up and connect to theinternet, I have to tick a checkbox in the properties of the external ethernet adapter. the...

Wi Fi
Hi there, macDonald's is giving away free Wi Fi in their stores in the UK. They are paying for the Internet for customers. J D Weatherspoons are providing free Wi Fi in all their pubs in the UK.

Laptop wireless - no connection
In short I now have a new wireless router that appears to work fine. My laptop is able to connect via a wire to it but when I try to connect to it wirelessly it says no signal in the area - make sure...

Problems with PlusNet Wireless Network
Hi all, Just recently changed my broadband provider from BT Home Hub to PlusNet. Previously I was successfully connecting to the internet through a Netgear WG111 wireless USB adaptor. I uninstalled...

Power consumption PCI vs. mini-PCI
Hi, I have an embedded cpu controller with a PCI slot and a mini-PCI slot. If I use the PCI-slot I don't need to buy additional pigtail cables with chassis connectors. However do PCI cards normally...

Varying Checksum failures in WiMAX uplink
Hi, I find that the checksum failures varies from WiMAX BTS to BTS with my CPE(Customer Premise Equipment) and so are the ping drops which are dependent largely on these checksums. I find that the...

Checksum failures vary from BTS to BTS
Hi, I find that the checksum failures varies from BTS to BTS with my CPE and so are the ping drops which are dependent largely on these checksums. Any ideas of the reaons for varying checksum failures...

HOWTO email regular digital camera photos with Motorola V3xx
: If email is enabled and properly configured, the RAZR V3xx can be used to wirelessly email digital photos from regular digital cameras that use removable memory cards compatible with microSD used in...

Radiotap - signal strength
Hi all, I am using my wireless card in monitor mode to capture 802.11 frames with radiotap headers prepended. One of the fileds in the radiotap header is the Signal Strength. What exactly does this...

Problems once wireless is secure
This may be a really simple question, but I am not as savvy as you guys are, so here goes: For the past few months I have had my Toshiba computer upstairs connected to my cable modem via my wireless...

Wireless Connection Logs ?
Hi, my first post here, and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with my problem. I am kind of new to the whole wireless thing. I mean i have a DSL line since 5 years now, but i was stuck with...

point to multipoint bridge problem
Hi all, I installed a multi point bridge and at first everything seemed to be working good. I used 3 Dlinks DWL-2100AP. The central location uses a planar antenna and the other two use directional...