Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Distance question
I live 4 miles from my wireless outside antenna broadcast...my internet service providers who have suggested that I raise my antenna above the trees in the distance I have now...when I raise my tower...

Using vs. Avoiding Steel Structures
I have this issue that I've been toying around with for the past few weeks as a solution to my lack of wireless coverage in my house. The building i live in is made of concrete and steel (don't know...

Recommendation?
I need to replace an old router -- a Netgear RT314. I am looking at the D-Link DIR-655 because it has a 4 port wired gigabit plus Draft N with decent speed. I plan on using cat5e to my desktop using...

Naperville (IL) muni Wifi up & running
here's the info for the Naperville, IL muni WiFi - a photo of the light pole mounted antennas the pilot coverage map - the co-partner is Metro-Fi - 404 Error | The City of Naperville...

Can connect to wireless router but not the web
Hi, I wonder if anybody could help. I am trying to connect to the web using my flatmate's wireless connection, and even though I can connect to the router itself (I get the IP address OK), no packages...

importance of swr with wifi
I've lately picked up an interest in wifi, mainly, as an option to untangle myself from cables. As an amateur radio hobbyist, I understand the principles of the radio hardware involved but not the...

Latitude D620 with Dell Wireless 1390 Minicard and Belkin Wireless G Router
Hi, I am having a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that has a Dell Wireless 1390 minicard. I am using a Belkin Wireless G router connected to a PPPoE broadband internet connection. I have setup the wireless...

Belkin wireless USB Adapter can't connect to my Belkin wireless G router
hi there, I am a newbie here. My Belkin wireless USB adapter F5D7050 v4 just can't connect to my belkin wireless g router F5D7632-4. I have typed the wireless USB adapter's mac address to the router's...

Avoid Linksys like the Plague
So, what you're saying is that you are a penny pincher, and your cheapness backfired on you, so the rest of the world should buy any other cheap brand of router . In this world, you're lucky if you...

Laptop Wireless activation issues
I've got one of the nascar Laptops (don't laugh, i needed a computer, and it didn't cost much on newegg) i decided to format it recently, due to a lot of BSoDs... I installed Vista on it, since i...

Mobile phone unlocking from CellCorner
WE ARE NOW OFFERING UNLOCK BY IMEI FOR ALL ROGERS/FIDO LOCKED PHONES *TURNAROUND IS UP TO 48 HOURS. * Please contact me by PM or purchase here for a single phone unlock 'Remote Unlock by Provider -...

Need wireless repeater with AP2000, wap11? other?
I have a Orinoco AP2000 that has worked great for years with a range extender antenna, now, I just bought a much larger house and the kids upstairs cannot get a good signal. I recently bought two...

i need ur help guys
I run a wireless Isp i'm new now my problem is i'm trying to put a base station like 5km from my Noc with a clear line of sight.I got a mikrotik radio and a grid antenna 24dbi but the signals i'm...

Live healthy
Enhance your immune system , increase energy, fight viruses - bacteria, lower blood pressure - cholesterol - fats - blood sugar , improve respiratory responce , treat cancer.