Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Signal Theory
Hey, Im new to the forum, and Data cOmmunication itself lol, Ive just started a unit about data comm in college, and one section of my assignment needs me to explain the associated principles of...

Netgear wireless hub frequently stops working / disappears
Hello, This is my first post to this forum, and I apologise in advance for asking yet another 'wireless router not working' question, but I've tried searching for this specific problem, and can't find...

wireless doesn't seem to exist anymore on laptop
I am working on an HP dv6171cl and somewhere in the last 2 weeks, the wireless has malfuctioned. The orange light never turns blue and the wireless is gone from my device manager and just simply...

WinMPG Video Convert To Update v6.8.0.3
Hey,dear! WinMPG Video Convert is a complete solution for video file conversion. It supports convert avi to mpeg1, avi to mpeg2, avi to dvd, avi to vcd, avi to svcd. And also rmvb to mpeg1, mpeg2,...

Baud rate changes intermittently
I got a laptop that is extremely slow in web surfing. It's connection baud rate via wireless changes from 24, 48 and 56 Mbps intermittently within few seconds. The router is located on the same desk...

Best AP to repeat with WL-500G Premium
Hey. I am thinking of getting an ASUS WL-500G Premium and use dd-wrt firmware. I need to get an access point to extend the signal from the router which is upstairs to the downstairs of my house, what...

muni WiFi antenna on lightpole
here is a local muni WiFi lightpole antenna for Naperville, IL. what the metal pole smack in the middle between the antennas does for the RF radiation pattern ? any ideas on the hardware vendor of the...

PEAP behavior using Dell WLAN Card Utility
Hello, I'm preparing to use my Dell Latitude D620 and its 1390 WLAN Mini-Card with the WLAN Card Utility (SW ver 4.10.47.3 / Driver ver 4.10.40.0) and wish to use PEAP/MS-CHAPv2. What I need to know...

vista doesn't autoconnect to wireless after startup
I can easily connect manualy to the internet ,but the system never connects after restart even though I put a "v" on automatic connection and on save setting as well . I will be thankful if anybody...

Maxtor One Touch Problem
OK, I disconnected my Maxtor One Touch too soon without waiting for the eject hardware icon to say that it was safe to unplug it. Since then my computer doesn't see it and slows right down if I plug...

Setting Up Wireless Network??
Hi, Have quite a complicated set up, as follows: Main modem/router is a invertel orange livebox connected downstairs (All working fine) with IP 192.168.1.66 Laptop connecting fine to livebox, not sure...

802.11 Frame
I have some network questions I need answering for an exam coming up the 802.11 frame. When the network is Ad-Hoc and when the network is infestructure what is the BBSSID Field Set to. What part of...

Netgear support? hardly.
Last week I was hooking up a netgear router and needed help, so I called support to save time. The router is beyond warantee, so I elect the pay option. I get someone on the phone immediately. They...

Losing connection when doing certain tasks with belkin router, wireless & sbc dsl
I have 3 things running an sbc dsl router, which is hooked up to a belkin wireless g router, which is all running on another computer. On this computer i have a belkin wireless card. My internet runs...

wireless routers drop internet connection
I've tried two N class routers - Linksys and Belkin. It happens simultaneously on two laptops with different wireless adapters. If I wait a few minutes, it reconnects. The laptops remain connected to...