Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unplugging airport extreme
I do some traveling and I will be spending about 6 weeks in a rented condo whilst I do my work. The condo has high-speed internet but not WiFi. How much of a hassle would it be to pack up my Airport,...

aircard buyback company needed!
Hi, I'm looking for a company to buy back aircards. I have hundreds of functional Sierra 775 cards I would like to sell at a discount. Anyone know of any? Thanks! Diane :)...

Running wired and wireless connection on different versions of Windows at the same time.
My grandad has a PC loaded with Windows ME, this is currently on a wired connection (via USB) He's recently bought a laptop with Vista and wants this to be connected wirelessly to his modem. I'm...

802.11n receiver operation
Hi... I don't know if anyone here knows how 802.11n operates in the frequency bands... As you may know, a transmitter can send 20 MHz signals or 40 MHz signals. In the 20 MHz case, the actual...

problems with wireless N
I've got a problem with my wireless setup, I have a linksys WRT300N router hooked up to satellite system there is one computer located in the main house about 40 feet away from the router running...

Vista connection to secure Windows XP Wi-Fi network
Hi I'm have a Gateway MT6705 running Windows Vista Home version. I can't connect to my office's secure wireless Windows XP Wi-Fi network. It sees the network but can't connect. Has anyone else run...

Please help I've wasted hours already
Hi, Hope someone can help... This is the set up: An inventel wireless livebox (Model DV4210-WU) connected to internet and providing wireless access to users. (On IP 192.168.1.1) set to DHCP. A netgear...

Netgear 10x range vs. Linksys 4x?
What has the better range? I can pick up for around $100 a 4x range Linksys (quite like linksys), or a 10x range netgear wireless router. Or is there some other option I need to consider? My...

Lose connection to wireless router
I have a dwa-542 wireless n card and a linksys wireless n router and its a pita sometimes. Once in a while it does this thing where I cannot get it to detect a wireless network no matter what I do, it...

Improving wireless router signal
I bought an Airlink101 AR625W Wireless N router some months ago, and its been working good so far. The only thing I need to do is improve the signal output on the router. But I cant replace the...

Extending my wireless range
Hi guys... I managed to kill one of my PCs yesterday (i'm going to say it died in the whilst moving house)... but now I need to get my wireless connection extended better throughout the house. We have...

Erase computer-to-computer wl link settings..
Hi, When someone has set up a wireless computer-to-computer link once, it seems that these computers broadcast their SSID name to everyone forever after. How can we completely erase all settings and...

Wireless Audit Bridge Mode
Hello all, I'm new to this forum but I thought someone might be able to help me with a question I have. I was performing a wireless audit/site survey to look for any rogue access points on our network...

Wireless pcmcia notebook cards w. non-protruding antenna
Hello everyone, Do these things exist? I have an tablet/UMPC that I'd like to get wireless on, but it really bothers me and other users that the PCMCIA card has an antenna sticking out. :( If anyone...

Help for unlocking phones
If u need any help for unlocking mobile phones for making sim free or repairing faulty or damaged phones just write here.I try to help for everyone and answer for every question. :Dgyozy:D...