2 wireless routers w/print servers?

I bought a new D-Link vpn router with a built-in USB print server. I also have a older D-link router that _also_ has a built-in print server.

Is it possible to connect different printers to both these routers have them talk to each other on my home network? I would assume so, in the sense that I know you can hook multiple wireless routers up to extend the range of a wireless network. I'd like to keep both routers right next to each other, I'd just like 2 printers on my network.

Is this possible? If so, what sort of setup am I googling for to find resources? is this an ad-hoc network?

Gwen

Reply to
Gwen Morse
Loading thread data ...

Why not? It's the computer's O/S that must be configured to use a network printer if the computer can see the printer server on the router.

You can use routers to segregate networks that's what routers do.

No, an ad-hoc network deals with wireless card to wireless card networking no Wireless Access Point such as a wireless AP router or standalone WAP device is invloved.

Duane :) .

Reply to
Duane Arnold

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:56:27 -0400, Gwen Morse wrote in :

Yes.

No, unless:

1. you can configure one of them as a wireless client bridge; or
  2. you turn off wireless on one of them and connect by wire.

1. Tricky to do.
  2. Not what you're trying to do.

See above.

No.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.