Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What cards suport AP mode (not ad hoc!) under xp/vista?
I'm guessing a non ad hoc AP is run as infrastructure. I currently have an atheros chip netgear card the software does not do AP mode in xp only ad hoc but when i run it in linux (with madwifi) it...

SLOW wireless speeds
So basically - I have been experiencing extremely slow speeds when I am connected to my wireless network. It started about a week ago - so I bought a new router thinking my 5 year old one was dying....

Free internet fax service, Fax online
Internet free fax service around the world List of public free fax service online. Search for free fax service. Provides detail of each free fax service site. http://fax.textwords.info/

Wireless Connection Randomly Drops
hi, we have bought 2 brand new Linksys WAP54G Access Points and are having the same issues with both. we have them connected to our network and in general they seem to work. But once or twice a day...

Can anyone help me out?
Hi guys, I am about to purchase Nokia N95 but someone told me that I should purchase an iPhone. I am very confused and unable to decide what I should purchase. Can anyone tell me which one is the best...

WiMAX 802.16e Scalable OFDMA (SOFDMA) subcarrier frequency?
How is it calculated? Two different numbers are quoted in different material (10,94 kHz or 11,16071429 kHz). The acronym SOFDMA is not mentioned in I don't see any relevant discussion there.

802.11n Vista problems - decent adapter out there?
Moved to a new house with a wireless network, put out by (i think) an Apple airport extreme. Bought the 1 n-protocol USB adapter Best Buy had, the Linksys WUSB300N (that's what i get for not...

Big (not long) question about WIFI security from the recieving end.
i get my wireless internet from someone down the street from me, and i have a question: I do not know what type of router, but can they tell what pages i am visiting, such as paypal? Also, how could i...

Wireless from house to detached garage
Hi everybody, I'm new here, please bear w/me. The search for relevant information is overwhelming and I'm hoping that you guys can help me w/ a simple, inexpensive solution. Situation: Verizon FIOS...

lose connection every few hours?
i have set up my home wireless network consisting of the following: 3 laptops (2 x xp pro, 1 x linux) and 2 pcs (1 x xp pro and 1 x linux) both pcs are wired via etherenet every day 3 or 4 times a day...

wireless set up for small motel
I operate a small 30 room motel and looking to get rooms set up for wireless net. We have a basic router for office and lobby wireless but its time we expand to room. So i am looking to see what i...

Connection problem on wireless LAN
Hi there, When starting up my desktop PC (Windows XP Pro) it takes up to a few minutes before my WIFI-card (Sweex Wireless LAN PCi Card 54 Mbps) sees my Gateway (LinkSys WAG54G Wireless-G ADSL Gateway...

WiMAX downlink bandwidth requests from a subscriber/mobile station?
Any WiMAX gurus here? I am reading the standards I have a couple of books and course materials from Mprirical and Award, but I can not make sense to this: Bandwidth requests and grants are always...

Raid Failes?? Drive works fine?
Ok, so im downloading a file on my system: vista 64 raid 0 (4 drives) and i 1 of my drives fail in my raid?? so im thinking the hard drive is bad? but i reconfigure my raid.. delete it and re-create...

WRT300n used as a wireless card????
I have an old box without a wireless card, but have multiple used wrt300's. Is there any way to use them (ie wired to my pc's NIC) to pick up on other wireless networks, and to connect to them without...