Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can connect to printer through wired but cannot through wireless
I have a linksys befw11s4. 1 wireless printer. 1 wired computer (xp). 1 wireless laptop (vista). i can access the printer's embedded webpage through IE when hardwired to the router. but cannot access...

internet fudged up on my laptop
Hi I hope this is the right forum as its my first post here. I'm having some issues with my lenovo 3000 N100 laptop with vista on it. I have it hooked up to my wireless network and its been working...

Access Point Not Configured
I have a Netgear 824 router in my home. I wanted my daughter to be able to access my internet so I purchased a Netgear WG602 access point, and a $10 9 dbi antenna and put it in the eve of my home. I...

vista wireless laptop and wii
hi all need some help configuring my dlink524 router, it is connected to a cable modem )low high speed)..ethernet cable ,,, running to vista desktop (main computer), also cable running to old xp home...

Getting Sprint USB Wireless Network Adapter to work w/ Wireless Router
My friend at work pays for Sprint's wireless broadband service and has a Ovation U727 Novatel Wireless USB Adapter he plugs into his laptop to access the interent. My boss will let him use his laptop...

Cannot receive DHCP IP address
OS = Fedora Core 8, Router linksys wrt54G, adapter Asus WL-167g I just cannot seem to crack it. I cannot receive an IP address via DHCP from a wireless router * Router is up, other computers and a WII...

Music Sharing
I've set up a laptop to be able to play music stored on my main PC wirelessly. This works fine with the exception of about 150 tracks. The common denominator of these tracks is that they are...

USB Ports randomly disconnecting (only for mouse)
Every once in like around 5 minutes my mouse out of the blue disconnects and reconnects (you hear the sound in windows xp when connecting usb devices) It does it will the front usb's and rear also, I...

A Wi-Fi virus outbreak? Researchers say it's possible
Found this poking around. What you see is what I know. If criminals were to target unsecured wireless routers, they could create an attack that could piggyback across thousands of Wi-Fi networks in...

Slow download with HP laptop (wireless)
Hi all, Can someone help me with my slow HP laptop wireless? IT seems there is something wrong with the built-it wireless card. (or maybe a configuration problem?) My Internet connection speed can go...

Looking to Purchase wireless equipment
is interested in purchasing NON WORKING or working wireless gear. We purchase Alvarion, Motorola Canopy, Cisco, Trango , Proxim, Redline and Orthogon equipment. If you wish to sell your merchandise...

Configuring a D-link DWL-G820
Hello everyone. i was wondering if it was possible to configure i D-link DWL-G820 into a Access Point for my home. would anyone know how i would go about doing this? i have some spots in my house that...

help me with this please! (noob)
Hy guys well im a noob at wireless stuff but i think this is possible... i have a router gigaset SE555 and it has a mode in WDS repeater so i can turn it into a reperater! so i want to connect to...

Wireless hookup problem
I have a wireless network in my home. It works for three computers with no problem. My daughter is home from college and her laptop will not hookup. There is a limited connectivity message. When I...

linksys wrk54g problem!
my dad just got a liksys wrk54g. i installed everything correctly but the internet on the wired pc doesnt work now. the only way i can get it to work is by switching the modems ethernet cable to one...