Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless'ing our place, need more wireless range
Simple question first. I need more range, how should I get it? Heres the complex part. First I'll show a picture of the setup we have right now is a ZyXEL P-660HW. The big circle is the range we get...

Moving Guide Moving Company Movers
Moving Guide World Moving & Storage Whether this is your first or fifth move, moving to a new home or even a new town can be an exciting experience. However, relocating also has the potential to be...

Maintaining a Connection Across Suspend/Sleep (Newbie)
I've recently installed a wireless system - pretty simple environment. - Cable Modem - Netgear WNR834B - Two Recent Vintage Dell Laptops (Vista Home Premium) wirelessly connected - DHCP enabled for...

Lag Issues
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with a problem that I'm having with my home network. I have a 2wire 2700HG-B wireless router/firewall with two computers connecting to...

Long cat5 run question
Will I be able to run a 200ft distance to another computer in another building? Suggestions on what type of router to get for this endevour would be helpful. It will be running outside. Can cat5 wire...

WEP key automatically.
Hi, I have a wireless router that supports only WEP. Its said WEP is better that nothing. So i switched to WEP. Since then my clients are finding it difficult to enter WEP keys while connecting. I...

Wireless Equipment Purchase
There are three unsecured wireless networks that are all just out of range to my house. I currently have a linksys travel router (small and cheap) that can detect them but cannot connect, because...

Lost Network key
i have a TP-Link TL-WR641G Wireless router and when im trying to connect to the internet using it its asking for a Network Key or WPA key. Where do i find this? ive had the router about 2 years and...

Multiple instances of same SSID
hi, I have been facing a strange problem since i have installed CISCO 1310 outdoorAccess points. I have used the same SSID for all 12 access points and when i try to search for a wifi connection, the...

Hardware Review Website and USB WiFi Adapter advice Needed
If anyone knows of any really good websites for reviews and side by side comparisons of hardware, feel free to post them in this thread. Recently I found a need for using wireless ( wifi ) to access...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

wrt300n and laptop issues
hi, for quite some time now, i can not connect my laptop to my router stated in the topic. I had no problems with my wrt54g, but i decided to upgrade, and i did not research all the bugs this router...

How many AP's do i need?
Hi all, im soon to setup a wireless bridge for a friend. There is 2 buildings involved, they are approx 100-150 feet apart with line of sight. my aim is purely to provide internet access to what is...

wireless problems
i have a wireless home network ,the host PC is running Visata while the client is running windows xp,the client pc has a Belkin Wireless USB adapter,my router is BT Home Hub. the problem is i can not...