Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FIOS actiontec router problem (MI424WR)
I have had this modem for a couple of months and it has been working fine. Last night, the power went out (could be unrelated) and today the wireless portion was not working. I logged into the router...

internet connection problems using a laptop
Hi I have a problem connecting with the internet using a hawking antenna. the laptop is a dell insprion 1501 running vista home basic. we can connect to a wireless signal in the neighbor hood but...

totally amateur question: How to attach an antenna to my laptop?
Hi, I have a thinkpad T40 running OpenBSD and live in a small, nice city close to Barcelona whose city hall offers free wifi Internet to everybody. Unfortunately they do not have a good coverage and...

Advice on WIFI antenna/adaptor
I need the best possible chance of picking up a WIFI hotspot about 500 yds but through trees. Is it correct to assume that the highest gain (in dba terms) will give the best result? If so, what is the...

After enabling WPA2 I'm unable to home network
Internet works ok on all 3 computers on my home network but I can't share files and printers anymore after I enabled WPA2 security. With it disabled it works perfectly. I have Belkin N1 router and...

IEEE 802.11g USB Wireless LAN
I use an USB "I-SPY" monopole antenna with a foil corner reflector to access my neighbor's wireless LAN (at his invitation) and am curious as to the meaning of the LAN Configuration Tool's "Signal...

Upgrading DD-WRT to later version
Looong ago I uploaded the DD-WRT v23beta firmware to my Linksys WRT54G ver. 1.1. Twice today I tried to upgrade to v23SP2 via the Web interface, but there was no sign of anything at all happening. Any...

Wireless sharing of internet connection with no wired PC
Hi all... I'm tring to share the broadband connection between 2 PCs. I would like to move the host pc to another room and connect to the internet wirelessly. I've set up the infrastructure wireless...

Access Points that do site surveys
Greetings: What 802.11 access points do site surveys (listen to beacons, promiscuously monitor traffic)? The Linksys WAP11 had this feature, but I am finding it difficult to locate more recent...

how do i connect to the router via cable??
ive been told to solve my network key problem i need to connect to the router via the cable then disable the security or change the WEP key could someone give me a step by step basic guide to doing...

Thomson st780 router problem
I recently received a thomson st780 router free with my o2 broadband package. I set it up with my desktop with an ethernet cable, and now i can connect to the internet etc no problems. The problem is...

Cheap Nike Shoes---Cheap Nike Trainers Discount Nike Shoes---Discount Nike Trainers
Cheap Nike Shoes-----------Cheap Nike Trainers Welcome to We offer cheap nike shoes and nike trainers with free shipping service. Also we do accept credit cards and Paypal, Money bookers, Western...

Dropped Connection with Netgear MR814 (Idle Timeout?)
The internet connection on my windows xp machine connected wirelessly to my netgear mr814 router drops off if the computer is left idle for a short amount of time, perhaps 20-30 mins and fails to...

Wireless Gateway
I currently have a BT business Hub which is my access to the internet and off this I run a wired PC. I am wanting to also run a wireless PC but the signal strength is not very stong. I have now...

Wireless'ing our place, need more wireless range
Simple question first. I need more range, how should I get it? Heres the complex part. First I'll show a picture of the setup we have right now is a ZyXEL P-660HW. The big circle is the range we get...