Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DVI (or VGA) to Wi-Fi converter
I wonder if exists a device capable of converting a DVI video signal (or a VGA one, after digitalize it) to wi-fi frames (or ethernet frames). I need to connect a laptop to a remote display and a...

Restoring original Buffalo firmware
I have just bought a Buffalo WHR-HP-54 router, and am interested in trying out the Tomato firmware for it. However, there is this warning in the Tomato readme file: "WARNING: Be aware that Buffalo...

Best technology for "repeating" a wireless signal
I've got a wireless ADSL broadband router at one side of a building, but its signal is very poor at the other side of the building. Therefore I need some sort of "repeater". Let's say that the network...

Modem-Router port forwarding problem.
Hello. I have recently got a subscription to wireless (as in cellular) adsl internet connection. My ISP () provided me with a modem- router from Axesstel, the AXW-D800. I have been using it with DHCP...

planet 1950
How to find out which chipset ap includes(planet 1950). Where can i find firmware/software for acces point (planet 1950 again). greetengs Pawel

Netgear open source router
Looks like Netgear is lurching into the open source arena. It's based on the WGR614L (about $55) at: I tried asking some questions with mixed results:

WLAN disconnects every X minutes/hours
Hello! I have a brand new Netgear WGR614 v7 but ever since it it running I experience WLAN disconnects from my laptop. I use WPA-PSK [TKIP] for securing my WLAN. I also tried this system control...

Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.
Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way. http://smallbusinessebooks.googlepages.com/

I keep losing connection to the internet
I have a network router question. I live on a campus of a small African college and help them with computer stuff. The campus here has a cisco router as the main one that connects us to the internet....

Shiny new WRT54GL
I have a lovely new WRT54GL. I want to play. Recommendations please for alternative firmware. X-Wrt looks good?

Wireless options with Dell Laptops
I have a friend that has a couple to three year old Dell laptop, it seems to just love hooking up to any wireless signal it can find. It sees wireless at my house, and can attach to them, and my own...

print server name vs network neighborhood
ok... not exactly a wireless question - but lots of good smart folks... Unlike the usual workgroup setups, most of my computers are setup with their own "workgroup" name so I can see that they are...

Please help me - need advice on splitting bandwidth
Hello all, I really need some help. I live in house with two other guys in the UK. We have a linksys wireless router and share a broadband connection. Basically the guy downstairs is constantly...

F/s: New Apple Iphone 16gb For $400usd
We sell a wide range of products. Nokia , Motorola , Samsung ,Sony Ericsson , Nextel , Siemens s. Digital Cameras , Nikon Camera, Canon Camera. Games , Xbox 360 ,NIntendo , Play Station 2 , Sony PSP's...

How to receive signal from neighbours satellite
My neighbour has wireless internet . he has a dish pointing to the water tower , which has the wireless on top of it , i want to get a signal from him , i was just wondering what equipment i would...