Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

supply GPS+GSM+WIFI car antenna, GPS+GSM shark fin car antenna
Dongguan Antentech Industrial Ltd. is the world's leading designer and manufacturer of antenna, management solutions for the telecommunications, data-communications, general electronics, network...

need some more help using Linksys wireless router as access point
Good evening! I posted last month about trying to use my Linksys router as an access point. I was directed to gives the following instructions: Set IP address (manually) --In the same address range as...

PS3 Kills Wireless Laptop Connection
Hi All, I just just got a PS3 and it is connected to my network via my Linksys wireless router. Every time I turn on my PS3, my wife's Thinkpad laptop loses it's connection. This also happened when my...

dhcp server question
I have what I believe to be a very simple question. On my office network I have 4 wireless routers each one hard wired into the main office router and each one serving a different area in the office....

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

In case you were wondering,"what comes after the Terabyte?"
8 bits = 1 Byte What comes after the Byte ? 1024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte What comes after the kilobyte ? 1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte What comes after the Megabyte ? 1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte What comes...

Accurate Broadband Speed Tests
Hi all, Can anyone suggest a fairly accurate program or site for broadband speed testing. I'm currently using MySpeed PC Lite from works well, but the numbers differ from (show higher numbers than)...

FS: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available
For Sale: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available The Model A2.45LP14 is a 2.4 GHz vertically polarized sector antenna designed primarily for...

Need external antenna for WRT54GL
I have a WRT54GL flashed with dd-wrt and I was wondering what would be good directional antenna to buy. Should I buy 2 antennas for each output or just one? Which is the best output to use if I only...

wireless network to wireless network??
I may have my subject line all wrong. I'm wondering does anyone knows of a wireless device that can act like a client on one wireless network (internet access) and in turn act as a WAP for a different...

Query, wireless link to printer
I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for this query, please advise if not! I have an ADSL modem-wireless-router and wish to print, from my wireless enabled lap-top to a remote printer....

Force desktop to connect to my network
I live is an area with a lot of wireless networks in the area. There are = some networks that my desktop sees that are stronger then my own. How = can I configure my desktop to always connect to my...

Intermittent loss of connection with Internet
Our church's office has a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. However, the principal use of the router is in the wired mode, i.e., the desktop PC in the office is connected by LAN cable. The wireless...

Improving home wireless signal
Hi All, Firstly, I apologise for a) possibly repeating a topic that has been discussed before and, b) not being technically minded, so please be gentle with me. I have a home desktop and laptop...