Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Linksys WGA54G unreachable via wireless once it has ethernet cable connection
All: I got a brand spanking new Linksys WGA54G yesterday. I have a NetGear router and I was able to get the WGA54G set up on it OK. I'm running MAC filtering but no other security measures (no...

replacing aerials on wireless network cards
There are are number of cards out there with detachable antennas... Do they all use the same standard connector? If not, what are the different standard ones they use? And in particular, I have am...

Does a wifi "repeater" exist?
Does a repeater exist for wifi? A device that one could mount up high that receives a signal, amplifies it, and rebroadcasts it?

Support for Multipe Public IP addresses
We had an old ADSL router which supported NAT for more than one public address. We have 16 addresses allocated and need to setup at least 6 for address translation. That router failed and we picked up...

three computers ad hoc(p2p)
Why while my p2p connection is turned on through UTP cabel, why won't the wireless work in the same time. Three computers are connected with various manual-assigned ip-numbers. When utp is turned off,...

Hirose U.Fl - Female RSMA "pigtails"
Hello, I am looking to modify a couple WLAN (PCMCIA - type 2) cards and attach an external antenna. They both have a Hirose U.Fl connector on the circuit board. So, I need a "pigtail" that has a...

Wireless Network Via D-Link DSL-G624T
Hi all, Using the afore mentioned router i have had wireless network and internet access throughout my house with no problems for the last year or so. Today for some reason I lost all internet access...

WiMAX Resources
Friends, Useful Website for WiMAX Resources Detailed information on Wimax Technology, Learn what is wimax technology 802.16, how wimax works Read about its security, future & trends

Why does Linksys suck?
Linksys WPC54G wireless card on Windows 2000. Repeatedly get "You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found". All sorts of hocus-pocus on the internet about malware,...

A question about exposed station problem in 802.11.
The exposed station problem can be depicted as follows: A==B==C==D When B is transmitting frames to A, and C hears the medium is busy so it defers its transmisison to D. The MACAW avoids the this...

[linux] Linksys USB Wireless-N adapter Actually finds Lesser Count of Wireless Networks than my Laptop's Internal Network Card's Antenna
Jah. Question is, why was USB-thing behavior _different_, _before_ I pumped that Linux OS unto the harddrive? Well...? J.

Avaya AP-6 and WDS
Hello I've got my hands on a couple of Avaya AP's. And now I would like to make a wireless links bewteen the two points, to connect two buildings. According to the manual and documentation, it should...

New to wireless
Hi I'm kinda new to this wireless stuff and I need a little bit of help setting up my wireless network for File, Internet, print, and DVD sharing on both computers. I am using a laptop and a desktop....

5.4 GHz wifi setup and testing
quick backstory: moved up to the mountains where DSL was not available a few year back, a local company had a wifi offering using the Orinoco USB gold towers connected via the fattest cable I've ever...

GETTING CLOSER, BUT........
Well thanks to seaweedsteve, I did get my ip address changed to the wireless router successfully (THANKS STEVE), BUT I still can't seem to get online! I tried to access both routers in my daughters...