Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Blocking Ports
Hi all... I have been using my Tranzeo 900 MHZ wireless for internet and Voip service for a while now (six months). It's been working great. I was able to move it from my wireless system in my shop to...

Port Blocking
Hi all... I have been using my Tranzeo 900 MHZ wireless for internet and Voip service for a while now (six months). It's been working great. I was able to move it from my wireless system in my shop to...

Telco Blocking ports

wireless homenetwork connection error
Hi everyboy, I could really use some help connecting my computer to my wireless home network. Let me first try and explain what I'm trying to do. Since my wireless router doesn't connect to the...

Newbie questions on Linux wifi
I've got a Thinkpad X61s loaded with Debian sidux and am able to connect to my wireless router AP. So my questions are, in effect, where do I go from here? a) I've got AT&T wireless service, and am...

Linksys wireless-G notebook adapter pings Cisco each second
I'm running the Linksys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter, Wireless Network Monitor v3.1, for the Linksys WPC54G card. It ping cisco every second (Out ICMP [8] Echo Request localhost-> [198.133.219.25];...

WOL security issue
This is more of a LAN question than a wireless, but maybe somebody can give me quick answer. One of our clients on the LAN wrote me saying that he thinks I should turn off Wake on LAN on each pc in...

DIY Antenna Question!
Greetings, First off, I want to thank everybody here for the wealth of information. I went from being a wireless novice to, well, less of a novice in no time reading the posts here! The question I...

WiFi (192.xx) & Wired (10.xx)
I was using my laptop to review my DSL modem stats by hooking up a small hub on the WAN connection between the DSL modem and my router. (disable Wifi & enable Ethernet) The DSL modem lives at...

comparing two routers
I've been using a ZyXel P-330W for ?: a couple of years or so. I recently got a freebie Linksys BEFW11S4 that I plan to use in our second home this Summer. I tried comparing the specs and didn't see...

I am not having any problems.
What should I do? Both my wireless bridges show 0 BER, I get 54 MBit connections pretty much all the time, response time is indistinguishable from wire connect 100BaseTX. -- Les Cargill

What did I do?
I was trying to set-up Airport Express to work with my iTunes as a client through my main base station (an Airport Extreme). I can no longer find the express and the express is flashing amber. Aybody...

DLink using bad caps?
Hi, As I recently posted, one of my main wireless routers (DI-764 802.11a/b) finally died completetly after six years of use. The 802.11a radio had died a few months back, but by then I was only using...

Need wireless bridge recommendations w/ wpa2
Hi All, I am trying to connect a computer with an Ethernet port and no spare PCI slots to a small WPA2 protected wireless network. Does anyone have recommendation for a wireless bridge that supports...

no Net, but good connection and signal
Even though WinXP Wireless connection box says I'm connected when I open IE or FireFox browsers I get "page cannot be found". My hardware is a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop with a PRO/Wireless LAN 2100...