Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RJ45 splitter for Ethernet - possible ?
happen to run across this thread over on the Ethernet newsgroup - Some guy found a RJ45 splitter (2-RJ45 jacks to 1-RJ45 jack) over on ebay (search RJ45 spliiter) that look like the telco 1-line...

need help
dear friends i have belkin model f5d1632-4 i cant access its main page at 192.168.2.1 i tried to reset it several times noting in the lan connection "ie every thing in auto in tcip properties" it dont...

High capacity access point
Hi, I have tried to increase the number of concurrent Wi-Fi clients with several low cost access points with poor results. Now, I am testing a Linux AP as described in using a Atheros MiniPCI card. It...

Wireless router help
Hi guys, I live in rural spain so can't get a landline let alone broadband. I signed up with a local ISP who came out and installed an antenna on my roof so I can access the internet via their wifi...

Flaky performance on xp, ok on vista
Hi, There is an issue on my wireless setup and unfortunately I'm not being able to figure out the way to fix it. I'm using an Acer Aspire 5050 laptop with an Atheros AR5005G wireless adaptor. It came...

Wireless connection to use a remote desktop connection
I am not too sure how to do this at all, But basically I want to be able to make a remote desktop connection between my 2 computers so I can use printers etc. The 2 computers both connect via a...

Cisco Engineer position available in Bakersfield, CA
Candidate doesn't need to have their CCIE, but it would be nice. VOIP, VPN, RGP, VLAN, experience a must. ----- Primarily Cisco admin responsibilities, will participate on Digital Properties team....

Connection stalls until I do ping/traceroute in router
Hi, so this just happened a couple mins ago and is an example of what happens fairly frequently to me... - browsing web using FireFox (Windows XP, latest SP) - suddenly online music stops playing and...

Anyone use Windows Server instead of router ?
I have 6 AP's on my network and central netgear router serving 40 computers that are all on wireless. The system works just fine but I was thinking of replacing the netgear router with a computer...

Why Can't I run two DSL lines in the same CAT5E cable??
There are two DSL lines on my property and they both work fine but each on each side of the yard. I decided to run them together in a single CAT5E cable to my two DSL modems using 4 wires of one DSL...

Powerline product question need wireless expansion
Hi, I have a Linksys Router (WRT54GS0) upstairs and signal is not strong enough downstairs in my house even with 14db antennas. I do not want to burn any new third party firmware in the router and...

Linksys LELA
Anybody have install files for Linksys LELA software (Pre-Vista version)? Mail me please Thanks. Dusty

Wireless booster
Hi all, Saw these on Ebay. they worthwhile? What would happen if I used one of these together with a corner reflector like the EZY-F :-) Cheers Rob...

Blocking Ports
Hi all... I have been using my Tranzeo 900 MHZ wireless for internet and Voip service for a while now (six months). It's been working great. I was able to move it from my wireless system in my shop to...

Port Blocking
Hi all... I have been using my Tranzeo 900 MHZ wireless for internet and Voip service for a while now (six months). It's been working great. I was able to move it from my wireless system in my shop to...