Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Restricting LinkSys Router
Hello, A few years ago, when I initially installed my linksys router, I set it up so that only the network had a password, but so that only my current laptop could access it (I believe via the...

Resetting logins and password
Last year I got a Buffalo Airstation wireless G access point. It was new but came with no instructions (the person who sold it to me offerred it to his church but they had already bought one. He set...

I disabled wireless on my router. How do I enable??
While trying to troubleshoot some router problems, I disabled wireless for my linksys router through the basic setup at 192.168.1.1. Under the Wireless options, there's a radio button for enable and...

Dead WRT54GL router?
All of a sudden the router stopped broadcasting. I went to the router and the Cisco light was light blue and blinking real fast. When I did the unplug/plug thing and the Cisco light went back to...

AT&T creates its own browser
Read about the latest tech news and developments from our team of experts, who provide updates on the new gadgets, tech products & services on the horizon.

How to Fix the Internet (According to South Park)
In the fantastic South Park episode last night ("Did you guys see the ghost?") most of the nation was without internet. What does such an internet-connected society do when faced with such a...

w.Intel Pro 2200 bg & Usb adap.108mbs
I have to comps connected through wireless, the connection is 11mbs. What to do to get higher gains i.e. flow of mbs ? As i guess, it would need to be minimally 54mbs !? Thanks.

Wireless problems - Code 10.
Hi, I am using a Packard Bell EasyNote laptop with XP. For some reason, when I checked my Network connections (in Control Panel), the wireless network option has disappeared. I then checked Device...

Connected but browser will not run
It says I am connected but Opera and/or IE will not run. I sometimes (sometimes) get the IE message asking if I want to report the problem. If I click "yes" the message gets sent (i.e. it can connect)...

Which Wireless Desktop Card?
I just bought a Linksys WRT600N... Its a dual frequency wireless router. To use the 5GHz channel what wireless card should I be installing in my PC?

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

power pass splitter
Hello, I'm looking at splitters to use on my small aircraft which has two antennas broadcasting video data. I'm new to RF stuff, could somebody please tell me what 'power pass' means and what it...

Private VPN service Recommendations
I'm changing ISPs from one that includes VPN service with every account, to one that doesn't, because the savings are substantial. Since I often use Wi-Fi "out in the wild" I need to replace this VPN...

I need to share the Secret to Power
I've discovered the Secret to Power. The secret to getting everything I want! I just need to tell people about this! I've found a way of getting people to do exactly as I say 99% of the time, and...