Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How would you go about testing Wireless Security?
I was thinking of, not becoming a Cracker exactly, but of testing WiFi durability with a laptop I have. I can reinvent the wheel but I'd hope some pointers might get me to thinking about something as...

Router
Is there any router than can handle Virgin Media 20meg service

wireless router to wireless router - can any consumer routers do this?
I have two home offices, and it would be nice to have a wireless router in each office that has 4 ports that I can plug wired ethernet connections into (or wired routers). One of the two offices has...

Wireless internets and cell phones should switch from spread spectrum to QAM
Hi: QAM [Quadrature Amplitude Modulation] is superior to spread-spectrum because the former can sends more bits using less bandwidth than the later. QAM is is meant to send/receive large amounts of...

Cell Phones and Wireless Internets should switch from Spread-Spectrum to QAM
Hi: QAM [Quadrature Amplitude Modulation] is superior to spread-spectrum because the former can sends more bits using less bandwidth than the later. QAM is is meant to send/receive large amounts of...

Updated Kismet CSV SQL script?
Kismet comes with a script, kismetcsv.sql, but this doesn't seem to work on newer versions of MySQL. Does anyone have an updated version that would work with, say, mysql-5.0.51a? I put together a...

Mac OS X Drivers Zyadas based USB network adapter
I have been looking for Mac OS X drivers for Zyadas chipset based usb wi fi network cards Anyone have any ideas of where to look ?

Multiple access points to flood an area.
Multiple access points to flood an area. My attempts to provide reliable wireless access to guest laptop computers over an area spanning about 100 feet have proved unsuccessful. I suspect the problem...

Access Point
Hello all, I acquired a old Linksys BEFW11S4 router. The plan was to create an access point on my ad-hoc (wired) network that has been operational for several years. I stumbled around trying to...

WAP54G - DD-WRT vs Linksys firmware
After seeing various threads about DD-WRT - can see how a more robust feature set would be useful in a full blown wireless router config like the Linksys WRT, but what about just running the micro...

Cisco to phase-out Linksys brand
http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080415/tc_pcworld/144549

Netstumbler, is this picture normal?
Hello! it normal that I see 5 wifi nets but only the net named "dlink wireless" has a green circle? Why the other nats have what seems a connection of 3 tubes/cable? Why I can see the quality graphic...

Secure your network proactively
Secure Auditor is a unified digital risk management solution which secures your Cisco Routers proactively. Now do not wait for a hacker to identify vulnerabilities in your network, bypass your...

dll is linked to missing export Kernel32
Error Starting Program The WLANAPI.DLL file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetSystemWindowsDirectoryW. The date on the dll file is 11/10/07, and the Kernel32 is date 6/8/2000. When I click...

Wi-Fi deployment in computer conference
Hello, My group will be trying to deploy a large area wi-fi network in a computer conference. We are foreseeing a two problems I'd like this group comments on: 1 - Our set-up will cover the hole place...