Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dynamic VLAN Membership
Here's a question for someone. I have a wireless cafe setup using a Dlink 3200 AP and a LinkSys54GL with WRT RC6 firmware. The central switch is a 16 port LinkSys SRW2016 managed VLAN switch. I...

Ethernet linked access point appears sensitive to cable length well below specified limits.
Ethernet linked access point appears sensitive to cable length well below specified limits. I?m seeking to locate a wireless access point remote from my main router, a D-Link DI-524 whose wireless...

Range Extender
Will I be able to set up a wireless range extender to work on a neighbor's wireless network, without having any access to his system/router? TIA

AP used as a "bridge"?
I'm not sure I'm using the correct terminology; I may be looking for "node" instead of "bridge". What I'd like to do is use an inexpensive self-contained wireless device to allow an ethernet-equipped...

ad hoc internet connection sharing problem
Hello, I have a Compaq laptop connected through RJ45 to an Internet ADSL modem. This same laptop shares its internet connection with a Dell laptop. Everything works fine and the connection is pretty...

trying to connect a cable modem to a wireless router
Time Warner/Road Runner is offering me a connection to the Internet through an RCA cable modem, Model DCM425: The thing has only two connection ports, one is a USB and the other one for an Ethernet...

wifi router - are you connected yet? no? grrr!
Hi all, Is there some software out there that will give me a real time progress report from the router when it is connecting to the internet? Windows indicates that it is connecting, and has connected...

how to maximize mb/s conn?
Ad hoc-two pro bg 2200 & Usb adaptor 108 on desktop computer, connection is 11 mb/s all the time. How to maximize to 54 mb/s which according to w-cards specifications is possible ? Pero

Wireless connectivity problems with Netgear WGR614 v6
I was using my Netgear WGR614 router just fine with a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Home and a Dell laptop running Windows Vista. A few months ago I installed a Canon printer using one of the LAN...

wireless dies when lan is on...why?
I happen to live next to a wireless hotspot so two computers, two usb wireless adapters and away I go with no probs. But the main computer has the only printer (my other printer just died). I wanted...

Does Orinoco Gold card work with Vista?
I've got the Orinoco Gold Classic 802.11b wireless adapter (8410-WD). Does anyone know if it works with Windows Vista?

Disadvantages of using AM for DSSS/FHSS?
Hi: Most cell phones and wireless internet routers, modems, and access points that use spread spectrum usually broadcast and receive their data on FM-radio waves. Just out of curiosity, I ask, why not...

Linksys IP PBX SPA 9000 Is Now Available
Linksys IP PBX SPA 9000 Is Now Available Router - finally an easy to use, easy to install PBX for under $400. With InPhonex VoIP service you can get that new phone system and save money on your...

Note to Jeff: befw11s4 hangs cured by cryogenics
Repost: corrected unintended long lines. ================= In a previous thread, I mentioned that my befw11s4-based outdoor access point was experiencing the well-known hangs during high throughput...

Note to Jeff: befw11s4 hangs cured by cryogenics
In a previous thread, I mentioned that my befw11s4-based outdoor access point was experiencing the well-known hangs during high throughput and that I had used an SNMP power controller driven by...