Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how to get wireless signal to go 300'
I have a workshop that is 300 feet from my house.. I want to set up a computer in it and access the same wireless signal that is currently in my house.. Currently I have a wireless G router and I am...

laptop won't connect
We have four computers connecting via our Netgear router. Two are connected via cable and two laptops via wireless. Now one of the will connect to the home network (in that I can access the shared...

Wireless Connection Problems
Go figure... I'm using a Belkin wireless card on my laptop (WinXP) at home. I go out of town (fly) and then my wireless doesn't work at all. I've tried shutting down the firewall, virus scan, etc.,...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Screen saver messes up a download over wireless adapter
I've got the Trendnet TEW-424UB wireless USB adapter that I installed yesterday. I was downloading a large file today, and then the screen saver kicked in. Then I moved the mouse to get out of the...

Help! XP wireless not working
Hi all, I'm suddenly having a problem with wireless access at home via a work provided laptop (which means I'm limited in what I can do to it). The hardware involved is: - IBM Thinkpad T41 (a real one...

Need help wirelessly networking my 2 computers
I have 2 laptop computers that have wireless cards and also a router. Laptop 1 was purchased 2 yrs ago and has Windows XP; my printer is attached via USB cable Laptop 2 recently purchased and has...

ad hoc wireless speed-URGENT
It's 11mbps, i'm sending data(making an disk image) cross one computer to other and the average speed is 650kb/second. I have Intel wifi card bg 2200 on first computer and usb adaptor 108 mbps on...

Dynamic VLAN Membership
Here's a question for someone. I have a wireless cafe setup using a Dlink 3200 AP and a LinkSys54GL with WRT RC6 firmware. The central switch is a 16 port LinkSys SRW2016 managed VLAN switch. I...

Ethernet linked access point appears sensitive to cable length well below specified limits.
Ethernet linked access point appears sensitive to cable length well below specified limits. I?m seeking to locate a wireless access point remote from my main router, a D-Link DI-524 whose wireless...

Range Extender
Will I be able to set up a wireless range extender to work on a neighbor's wireless network, without having any access to his system/router? TIA

AP used as a "bridge"?
I'm not sure I'm using the correct terminology; I may be looking for "node" instead of "bridge". What I'd like to do is use an inexpensive self-contained wireless device to allow an ethernet-equipped...

ad hoc internet connection sharing problem
Hello, I have a Compaq laptop connected through RJ45 to an Internet ADSL modem. This same laptop shares its internet connection with a Dell laptop. Everything works fine and the connection is pretty...

trying to connect a cable modem to a wireless router
Time Warner/Road Runner is offering me a connection to the Internet through an RCA cable modem, Model DCM425: The thing has only two connection ports, one is a USB and the other one for an Ethernet...