Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fastest Bridging Configuration
Maybe someone can direct me to a previous post, but simply, I'm looking for the fastest wireless link I can set up (bridging). I have two LANs (separate buildings) that are 0.4 miles apart that I want...

General concept question regarding repeater or bridge.
I have a wireless router and a wireless access point. I want to use the AP to extend my coverage in the house. If I configure it at my desk using a hard wire connection as a repeater, then disconnect...

Wired or Wireless on Media Center PC
Right not I have my home entertainment pc wired into the back of my wireless router. My setup has a splitter from the wall out. One going to the TV tuner in the pc and the other going into the cable...

Wireless for Power Mac G4 Cube
I'm lazy and fairly clueless about Apple MacIntosh. I also have a limited knowledge of Apple buzzwords and acronyms. That entitles me to ask dumb questions in usenet newsgroups. My apologies in...

reception erratic
I don't seem to get results with my wireless laptop that I think others do, and maybe you all can explain it to me. I'm on a long trip to my brother's and I stayed in 4 motels getting to him and one...

wireless
New Research Available! Market Analysis; Technology Focus http://www.taotui0105.cn

radar missile frequency
As others have noted: 1. Resolution. The higher the frequency, the greater the ability to resolve detail and separate multiple objects. 2. Antenna gain. The higher the frequency, the higher the gain...

IE6 won't use wireless card [was XP wireless not working]
Thanks to everyone who responded to the last thread. I finally discovered that the Netgear Super-G card was intermittently failing and probably just happened to work when I tried it in another...

'dual qpsk' not used
Hi, Why is 'dual qpsk' Not used by wimax ? Any specific reasons ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

802.11n for outdoor coverage
I=B4ve being using 802.11g AP to cover outdoor areas for small condos (about 10 houses). Quite simple: one AP outdoor , using a 120 degree sector antenna to cover each sector (one AP per sector),...

Wi-Fi with Windows ME?
I just picked up an old laptop with ME on it, and a Linksys wireless = card. I installed a garden variety firewall and virus filter, and added = a password to the log in screen. Being a paranoid (what...

FS: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available
For Sale: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available The Model A2.45LP14 is a 2.4 GHz vertically polarized sector antenna designed primarily for...

WI-FI SECURITY - Advice From The FBI
You=92re at the airport waiting for your flight. With time to kill, you=92re thinking of connecting your laptop to the airport's Wi-Fi to check your office e-mail...do some personal banking...or shop...

Junk powerline extenders
I had one of my folks pick up a Netgear HDX-101 powerline adapter kit with the idea that we'd network our new T&A clock to the office computers without having to trench. The total wire distance from...

Need help with bandwidth management . . .
. . . on limited funds. I will try to be concise, while providing adequate info. I handle IT for a property management company that recently took over management of an RV park. This park provides...