Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gigabyte Adapter
I have a Linksys wireless router. My son-in-law lives across the street and has a gigabyte PCI air cruiser adapter card and he cannot find me. we are thinking of putting a Hawkins corner antenna to...

DD-WRT & rflow collector
If you ever get SNMP sorted out, let us know. Obviously Jeff understands it and some other people as well whom I've never encountered. Personally, as a non-programmer, it looks every bit as easy as...

Linksys adaptor won't connect
I have just bought a second Linksys Wireless G USB adaptor to add a third computer to my network (the other has a wireless pci card). I have installed the drivers in the new machine but the new...

FCC ID searches
Have I been asleep recently and missed something. This morning I can't access the search page using:- it does work on:-

How to shield off wifi/wireless?
Hi I have been searching hi and low for something which may solve my problem of shielding wifi from the outside world! We (pulz8 Communications) are testing wifi/wireless connections to be used on...

Boosting signal for your laptop's internal wireless card thread
If a reflector of appropriate design can boost the signal input to a usb dongle's integrated antenna, can't you do the same for a laptop's internal antenna? I have my laptop set up as a desktop...

WHR-HP-G54 DNS settings problem
I have several-HP-G54 units. I'm trying to use one with a Motorola Model U10C018 cable modem on Charter Communication cable internet. (system config data follows) WHR-HP-G54 has been set up using...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

How to determine if Spector Pro Spyware is running on my computer?
I found a receipt in my husband's credit card bill for something I think might be something called Spectre Pro Spyware wireless keylogger. I presume the software must "phone home" somehow the...

Give us a clue... (Fixed IP)
I can't connect with fixed IP on a WPA Wireless network. Roaming and automaticly assigned IPs work but when I try to set the two wireless machines to fixed IPs they won't connect. (one is WinXP, other...

What are the "real life" speeds for Wireless N ?
I just purchased a wireless N router. My previous router was a Netgear G router, and I did some test over wireless for transfer speed Old Netgear G router 1.09 GB file - 650 seconds to transfer from...

PowerLine XE104 adapters - encryption / throughput question
PowerLine XE104 adapters - encryption / throughput question Just got 2 of these. Ran utility to add a password. It all works but I have a few questions. I am a newbie in that it asks you to enter one...

Fastest Bridging Configuration
Maybe someone can direct me to a previous post, but simply, I'm looking for the fastest wireless link I can set up (bridging). I have two LANs (separate buildings) that are 0.4 miles apart that I want...

General concept question regarding repeater or bridge.
I have a wireless router and a wireless access point. I want to use the AP to extend my coverage in the house. If I configure it at my desk using a hard wire connection as a repeater, then disconnect...