Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

NEWS: UK auction delay would be major blow to WiMAX
The UK?s upcoming auction of 2.GHz mobile broadband spectrum is intensely anticipated - partly because it is the first major European market to make the move, and so will provide some clear indicators...

Finding wireless access points.
Can anyone direct me to some good info on finding wireless access points? I don't mean simply being able to connect to them, but actually finding the building and room that the signal is coming from....

Poor signal quality?
I have an 802.11g home network. My laptop uses Intel ProSet/Wireless to manage WiFi connections. Sometimes the Intel ProSet/Wireless icon in the task bar shows poor signal quality event though the...

Cannot connect to wireless using Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
hello, I am using Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card to connect to wireless connection. Everything worked fine, but suddenly it stopped connecting though I can see the available wireless networks in...

How to find computer names from adhoc ssid
Hi, If I see an ad-hoc network does it exist a clever way to reveal the computer names involved? With or without connecting? Thanks for tips on this, hardware or software regards Geir

Please help us with a fraud situation
Please help us with a fraud situation We had some identity thefts situations with our credit cards and Bank accounts. People using our credit cards and writing checks against our account. How can I...

Getting Beacon Frame
Hello, I would like to get complete raw data in the 802.11 beacon frame. That is, from its MAC header, Frame Body, to Frame Check Sequence. There are some information inside the beacon frame...

What's the basic security issue with an unsecured home router?
A neighbor of mine has an unsecured belkin router based on what I see in my wireless networks. I can actually connect and use his internet connection (3 bars) but I have my own (five bars) so that in...

Send wireless signal from laptop?
Either change that router out for one that has WiFi features or hang a WiFi access point (essentially a dumbed-down router) off one of the exsting router's ethernet ports. That way you'll have you own...

Sprint is Sticking (gouging) it to US Military Personnel
Sprint: Military? Here's your bill for $500.00 "Sprint thanked Ryan for his tour with the Navy by charging him $0.75 per minute for airtime, resulting in a $500 bill. When Ryan complained, Sprint's...

Slow to create a wireless connection in Vista
Frequently when I boot up (or restart) and then log in to Vista, the little network icon in the system tray will show a red X, and I cannot use the Internet during that time. I have to wait anywhere...

Do any wireless APs support multiple keys?
I have a 5 year old wireless AP that is starting to have some problems, so I'm thinking about getting a new one. But one thing I would really like is to be able to set multiple keys that can be used...

Wi-Fi Newbie Question
I've looked over a lot of discussions and seen how folks use wi-fi, but I have not seen an answer to what prevents someone from never paying for internet access and just using free wi-fi spots? Could...

If 11.N is here now...
or at least a draft is rolling of the shelves, then what is around the corner? Multi channel? Wireless Network over the soon to be freed up Analog TV channel frequencies? (Seems unlikley) More built...

Is it possible to extend the antenna on a Linksys WAP54GP?
We've got an infrastructure of Linksys WAP54GP's (These are the high end Linksys Vlan Trunking WAP's). They are black with a single antenna (smaller round connector vs the larger antennas on the blue...