Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Broadband Wireless News Groups?
Seems I've wound up in the wrong place. I'm trying to find out if there is/are news group(s) related to the 3D or Edge Broadband wireless service, such as that offered by AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint....

router -> bridge
I have a device I want to put on the LAN (an Xbox v. 1), so it can get RSS feeds from outside as well as access my SMB shares locally. It only has a hardwore ethernet jack and no slots. It also would...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

Notebook With Good Wireless (i.e. 802.11 G) Recommendations
Looking for a replacement for my old faithful laptop..Travel and need one with demonstrated better than usual Wi-Fi connectivity built in. Presently use some excellent USB units..but still would like...

desktop sharing
Is this possible to enforce in act ?

Can the DSL on a AirBridge cient's side share internet with the access point?
I know this is sort of backwards but due to the difficult-to-reach outside mounting, I'm trying to avoid a major shift of equipment. The AP side is an AirPointPro Outdoor and I've got it in AP mode....

Can someone else reproduce this WinXP Home WPA2-PSK AES WZC bug?
Do you use WPA2-PSK AES on Windox XP and do you not broadcast your SSID? Can you confirm a Windows Wireless Zero Configuration bug I'm seeing? Once confirmed, how do we report this to the Microsoft...

D-Link DI-524 blocks FTP xfer
Hardware ... DELL E510, 3GHz w/ 1 GB RAM D-Link DI-524 router, Motorola SURFboard cable modem. Software .. WinXP SR-3, "FTP Commander" and/or WS_FTP95 Somehow, I must have inadvertently changed the...

Promiscuous mode (yes) vs (yes/Backtrack) & R/SMA antenna
I'm trying to compare specs of USB wireless adapters. does it mean when I see a spec that says - Promiscious mode = Yes versus - Promiscious mode = Yes (Backtrack) If I'm on WinXP, can I still set...

sharing p2p net
How on The Earth i can see just only the shared folders on computer B from a computer A. And When on computer B i can't see shared folders on computer A, what to do to resolve this mysterious...

WEP - stil insecure?
Just t make sure I am not missing something, I thought I'd throw out these questions... Is WEP still as insecure as it was reported to be circa 2001? What if you have WEP into a network that requires...

Basic question on hooking a wireless antenna with the ExpressCard 34 slot
I have a basic wireless network interface card question. All I want is to attach an 802.11 wifi card in my laptop with an external antenna to boost the laptop's wireless range. I already had an...

NetStumber vs Passmark WirelessMon
happen to see this mentioned in another thread.... anyone using Passmark WirelessMon vs NetStumbler ? PassMark WirelessMon - Wireless 802.11 WiFi monitoring software

wireless to wireless network question
I'm about to depart the hot southwest desert for the mountains in our travel trailer. Last year the WIFI service was margina (mainly low signal levels inside the trailer)l, so this year I've installed...