Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Zyxel AG-225H v2 Wifi adapter and finder Restarting endlessly
Hello there My Zyxel AG-225H just restart "endlessly" when i turn it on to do a wifi search. I.E. it just turns on the background light, shows the graphic with the hand and the text "hotspot finder",...

Why I can't get Airlink 150N usb wifi to install?
I bought an Airlink 150N AWLL6070 usb 802.11N adapter at Fry's. $15 on sale, $20 more on sale for the Airlink N router. Yes I know Airlink is at the bottom of the food chain. The quick installation...

DELL wireless card stuck "Aquiring Network Address"
Folks, I have a DELL Vostro 1500 laptop that came with Windows XP SP2 Home Edition. It came with the entire drive partitioned for XP which I don't want. So I formated the drive and re-installed XP on...

Can a router support more than one security mode?
I have a LinkSys WRT300N router. I currently use Mac Filtering and WEP as my security measure. I recently got a new laptop that has Intel 4965AGN wireless card. In order to get Wireless-N on this card...

WiFi through walls - Directional vs Omni Directional
Do directional antennas only do well in line-of-sight situations? I need to go through about 4 or 5 walls to get to my router. Would I do better replacing my NIC's 2 dBi omni-directional antenna with...

WPA Works but not WPA2
I posted before about some WiFi problems most of which I've fixed but I've arrived with a system that works on WPA but not WPA2. It's only one machine that won't connect via WPA2. It's WinXP and has...

Are there any OS projects similar to metageek's wi-spy?
I think these guys are most probably: 1) using software to tap onto the built-in or external antenna's hardware using its CLI 2) doing some FFT, DSP, ... number crunching 3) presenting everything with...

7 dBi Antenna
Thinking about grabbing a Dlink 7 dBi omni-directional antenna for my wireless NIC. Not sure its going to help me, but I figure its worth a shot. But I'm wondering why nics/routers come with 2 dBi...

Wireless Logon - Newbie type Question
I have a wireless card in my (Vista) laptop and mostly just use it on my home wireless network. I am now traveling and have spent a couple nights in different hotels with "wireless internet". In the...

cisco dish v grid antenna
I want to get a high gain directional wlan antenna (it will be mounted in a fixed position, not mobile) and I was thinking about a Cisco AIR-ANT3338 solid dish - they're pricey but I expect excellence...

how to... add WIFI to LAN
Hello, I need to install WIFI to work along with my LAN. The LAN bases on a huge switch with one WAN RJ-45 cable and many LAN cables from all around the office. The swich is in the corner of the...

Help! ATT DSL Sales Weird Math
Today I made the mistake of calling ATT to get a simple question answered before buying their "Basic" 768K DSL. After one of those nightmarish jack-arounds that lasted for nearly twenty minutes...

Where to start troubleshooting?
I had a WPA2 WiFi network working without any problems but then put Ubuntu on to a laptop and suddenly had lots of problems such as it resetting the router to default settings when it connected. (I...

WTB VB6.0 pro, full
If anyone out there is done with VB6.0pro, I need a copy for some legacy work. If you want to sell, let me know. LLoyd

What Happened to Alway On Wireless?
The WiFlyer people - their web site quit working suddenly the end of last week. I was thinking of buying one of the new WiFlyers. Belly up?