Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Need WEP key--Not on Zyxel "web configurator"--please help
OK, I need some help. I've been trying to find my WEP key and I still haven't had any luck. So here is my situation: I go to 192.168.1.1 and enter the username and password. It takes me to some page...

Dynamically Change SSID
I've looking for information on how to change the SSID dynamically. I want to use a USB Wirless Adapter on different PCs in Ad Hoc Mode. I want to be able to change the SSID for USB Wireless Adapter...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
NEW HOME OF WIRELESS WIKI IS A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

alt.internet.wireless
Catching up on my reading I noticed this:- I wonder how many ISP's will follow suit and as a consequence will no longer be available through their newsservers.

NEWS: Europe's first mobile WiMAX goes online

N vs G Range with G devices
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm currently using an 802.11g wireless access point. The devices in my house that connect to it are all 802.11g. I am having some signal issues in parts of the house....

Making D-Link DI-524 wireless secure
It seems like my efforts to extend my wireless network has required me to first back track and get some of the more basic elements working. I have D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router with Firmware Version:...

Help: Wiring diagram for Wilan Hopper Plus
Does any one have any info on Wi-lans 900mhz Hopper Plus radio. Iam interested in the power supply pin-out. It uses a 5 pin din and uses a twin supply voltage of 5 and 12 volt. Any help would be...

Netgear RangeMax 240 Service Blocking ?
Hi, I have the RangeMax 240 Wireless Router and I have a Question about Service Blocking. I am trying to block all ports except about 8 or 9. I see no exception list is this correct? Right now I am...

Looking for "No Wires Needed" "Swallow 1100" WinXP drivers
Card is quite old, but it's just that I can't stand it that I can't get it working... Manufacturer: No Wires Needed Type: Swallow 1100 (PCMCIA card) Version: 2.4.0, for XP/Win2K Filename:...

Recent trouble with wifi connection
Lately when I try to go online on my pc, I cannot connect initially. After clicking on the toolbar Internet icon and clicking on "repair", I am able to get online. My pc is connected by wireless to...

Building a community network with Apple's Airport Extreme?
it be possible to blanket a city or metropolitan area with these things and build a city wide intranet? It appears that the major ISP's are about to switch to metered service (charge for each gigabyte...

Wireless switch / access point WEP security
My cable modem feeds a D-Link DI524 wireless router, and one of its outputs is hardwired via CAT5 cable to an OUTPUT jack on a second D-Link DI524 wireless router. The IP address of the second router...

mib for ubiquiti
I desire to monitor ubiquiti nanostation via cacti or nagios, can anyone help me to find the right mib for this devices? thanks in advance