Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

NEWS: 'Hospital risk' from radio tags
Lifesaving equipment in hospitals may be switched off by radio-frequency devices used to track people and machines, Dutch scientists claim. Radio frequency identification devices (RFIDs) are on the...

Wireless Signal Boosting from One House to Another
I live in the boonies. Neither DSL nor cable is available, so I've been rockin dialup for a decade. My neighbor, who is a relative, has recently purchased a satellite broadband service. He's offered...

2.4 Ghz SWR Meter
I'm thinking about building a device to measure the input impedance of WiFi antennas. The simplest device I see is shown here 's an SWR meter that uses a uses a wifi signal to drive the antenna. Any...

NEWS: Free US-wide wireless "family-friendly" broadband
It's official. FCC boss Kevin Martin wants a free US-wide wireless broadband network. And he wants it equipped with "family-friendly" content filters. On Friday, as expected, the US Federal...

WDS - Client network card affinity
I have a WDS (Wireless Distribution System) setup at Home. router 1) is primary Buffalo , router 2 ) is Linksys both running Tomato firmware Have a Thinkpad laptop. Setup works great except with 1...

Microwave Oven, Cell Phone, and Popcorn
This gets my nomination for this years Darwin awards: No doubt, there will be a number of idiots that actually try to duplicate the video. If you're wondering why the 2.4GHz interference levels just...

Question on Airlink AR430 Wireless Router
I just got one of these. Set up easily, works fine, and provides more signal strength than my old Belkin. But here's the question: On one end there is a small, square, translucent plastic button. When...

Assistance with DWL-2700A access point
I've been asked to assist with a D-Link DWL-2700A access point at a RV park. The owners are unhappy with the company that installed the unit and would like to sever their relationship. Thus, I was...

2 Routers & Secure Shared Internet
I want to share an internet connection but have two separate LANs so computers from one LAN can't access shared files on computers on the other LAN, i.e. /-->LAN1 Modem-->Router1-- \-->Router2-->LAN2...

Standalone WAP vs. Router configured as WAP
Thanks in advance for any information. Several companies offer both wireless routers that can be configured as access pionts and standalone wireless access points. In the examples I've seen, the...

Cannot share
My wife and I are connected to the internet via a router connected to a modem (RR). I am trying to net work with her and her printer. She can open and work on my data files but I cannot open hers. I...

WEP and MAC Filter
Hello! 20 June 2008 We have a DIR-300 wireless router, on which I have enabled a WEP key for the SSID, and also the MAC filter to allow only specific adaptors to access the network. I however find...

Change from WEP to WPA?
When I asked for help from Linksys tech support on setting up security, they directed me to WEP-64. I understand now that WPA is better. Is that true? Is it difficult to change from WEP to WPA? Are...

Do I need a new wireless router
Currently have a Linksys router WRK54G that I bought 3 yrs ago. I have created a home network, consisting of 2 different wireless laptops and a wireless printer. I have an internet cable modem...

Need WEP key--Not on Zyxel "web configurator"--please help
OK, I need some help. I've been trying to find my WEP key and I still haven't had any luck. So here is my situation: I go to 192.168.1.1 and enter the username and password. It takes me to some page...