Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What capacity speed and range am I looking at for...
Hello; I am looking to purchase a wireless router meant to sustain wireless access from a laptop to a printer, scanner, and another laptop, and a wireless connection for XBOX360. The area is one...

Signal boosting Belkin
Belkin model number model f5d7632-4 is there a software hack to boost the signal ona UK belkin router ?#

The Dude for Linux
Can anyone know a program like The Dude (by mikrotik company) but native for Linux OS ?

Linux + PCI Adapter + WMM
I have a WMM (WiFi Multimedia) capable access point with WMM enabled. I am about to install a few Linux desktops using a PCI Adapter (more precisely, a D-Link PCI Adapter DWL-AG530) and I will run...

freeradius 2.x + 802.1x + wpa/wwpa2 + win xp
Hi I have problem with wrt54gl v1.1, ddwrt v24 mini +freeradius (2.0.5) + wirelesscard wpc54g v3.1 with wxp with patch to use wpa/wpa2 I think that authentication in my radius pass correct but there...

strange modem/router problem - help
help, Windows xp, personal home computer with standard TW rca cable modem and netgear wgr614 wireless router keeps going dead. All was fine when the internet went out on my inlaws computer. His laptop...

Separate WLAN from wired LAN?
I'm sure this is a FAQ but I've been trying search queries all morning trying to get a clear answer... I just want to let my wife's iPhone access our internet connection unfiltered while keeping our...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
NEW HOME OF WIRELESS WIKI IS A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

where are you, who who, who who...
Good writeup about "skyhook" technology, which had a bunch of their workers drive around the country and marking down the locations of umptity umptity umptity 802.11 signals... "... Metropolitan areas...

Issue with wireless print server and wireless expander
I am endeavoring to set up a print server that would ordinarily be at the very edge of the wireless range. Goal is: WGPS606 (netgear wireless print server) to WRE54G (linksys wireless range expander)...

Haldbridge modem & DD-WRT DHCP problem
I am convinced the problem is with the Dlink 502T I changed it so that I have : -------- and it still would not update the PC with the real world IP. And yes the ethernet adapter on the PC was set to...

Anyone using two Transceivers to increase throughput?
Was wondering if, using off the shelf routers and NICs, someone was enabling an increase in over all throughput by setting Router A to a different Channel than Router B. TBerk

What Feed antenna for Dish?
If you have a dish of (d) diameter, does it matter what type of feed antenna you use? Monopole, dipole, biquad, patch, will the gain change with a different feed antenna? Mike

Windows PC As IEEE 802.11 Access Point
Hi All, The only limitation would be what 802.11 functions the vendor decided not to support in a device mean to be used as STA-only. [Frankly, if I were designing an 802.11 module, I would simply...