Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

D-Link wireless adapter driver
Following the installation of XP SP3 my D-Link driver ceased working. This was and is a know D-Link problem. A DLL file had been overwritten by the update and placed the software over a table and was...

How to get Internet over Powerline to work?
Hello Setup ======= I have deal with my ISP where they supply both internet and television over ADSL. They have supplied me with a modem, which has two ethernet exits, one for the Decoder (TV) and one...

how long is WAP/WML likely to be around ?
Hi, I have been playing around building web sites I can access from my cell phone which uses WAP/WML and costs me 20 cents a day for internet access. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion for how...

How add external wifi antena to laptop?
Just bought a Lenovo R61i laptop. see link can I add and external wifi antenna to this laptop? Want to get the antenna up much higher than what the built in antennas will be

Anritsu SiteMasters Wanted
Anritsu SiteMasters Wanted email to:

upload fast, download slow
Just bought a new house and had Verizon FiOS (TV, phone, internet) installed. Internet access is 5 down, 2 up. My wife's computer's internet connection works fine; it's hooked up to the Actiontec...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
NEW HOME OF WIRELESS WIKI IS A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless...

Centralised Wirelss Across several sites?
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help me here! We have 6 sites, all connected together with various leased lines and VPN links. The IP addressing is like this Site 1 - 192.168.201.0 Site 2 - 192.168.202.0...

DD-WRT VPN
Curious if anyone knows how well or if at all DD-WRT works in a multipoint VPN enviroment. What we want to do is interconnect 3 maybe 4 sites together. After doing some reading it appears that you...

wireless router as Lan adapter
I have 3 Linksys wrt54gs riouters that I bought at auction. I am trying to get rid of the wired network in my house and want to use the routers as Lan adapters. I was told I could do this if I loaded...

Zyxel - False Advertising! - Beware of this Company!
BUYER BEWARE: Zyxel seems to be engaged in deliberate false-advertising to move products known to be incompatible with Vista in some respects. I bought the Zyxel AG-225H and was extremely disappointed...

Wireless PCI adapter not working in old motherboard
I just got a MSI PC60G PCI wireless adapter, and I'm trying to get it to work in an old ASUS P5A motherboard. I tested the PCI adapter in a new system, and when I turned the system on, the adapter's...

What capacity speed and range am I looking at for...
Hello; I am looking to purchase a wireless router meant to sustain wireless access from a laptop to a printer, scanner, and another laptop, and a wireless connection for XBOX360. The area is one...

Signal boosting Belkin
Belkin model number model f5d7632-4 is there a software hack to boost the signal ona UK belkin router ?#