Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can a router die in spurts?
Over the past few weeks, I've had a lot of unexplained outages for my home internet connection. It's not been my ISP (at least Time Warner always claims there's no outage in my area when I call). And...

WGB and U-WGB
Cisco AIR-AG1242AP access point: 1) what's the difference between Workgroup Bridge and Universal Workgroup Bridge? 2) is Universal Workgroup Bridge the same thing as the 'Wireless Distribution System'...

Engenius phones, again, Jeff L...
I'm a victim of circumstance, Jeff. I _must_ use the Engenius Durafon 4x system because of the wierd physical topology of a fireworks factory. No other product on the market (that we can afford) comes...

Best Wireless Router to Buy
Hello, I have the Netgear Rangemax 240 Wireless Router. Two things I am having problems with this unit. 1) DHCP is not working correctly - I can't get the DNS forwarding to work reliably. I think this...

Long-range dial-up wireless service?
Are there any? If so, what's popular?

Supporting an older 11b client in the DMZ
I have a N adapter connecting via G, and other adapters/clients connecting via native G, but I have an orphan without any 80211g option- it can only connect via 11b. The router has options for WEP OR...

wrt54gs setup
Does the Linksys WRT54GS wireless router support CLIENT mode using Linksys's software? I am using one in client mode running DD-WRT and my friend wants to be able to do this also. He doesnt want to...

generic settings for wireless bridge
trying to configure a Cisco 1242AP as a wireless bridge: is there a list of generic settings available that one can use to make wireless access points from different manufactures work together? In my...

confusion about wlan antennas
I've been messing about with my wireless card and I was using a 6db omni antenna mounted outside the house (size-wise it's like half a broomstick). My Windows XP PC showed 6 AP's in 'View Available...

Free Ad-less anonymous web browsing (no limitation totally free) mychinesefriend.com/surf
http://www.mychinesefriend.com/surf

wireless internet connection properties
Hello everyone, I have recently installed a small wireless home network for my pc, printer and laptop. Surprisingly it was easier than I thought to install everything and it all works. However, due to...

How many devices can I use with a Homeplug?
Hello I need to set up a network around the house. The problem is that I have two ethernet exits on my modem (one for tv and one for internet) that I need to get to the other side of the house (where...

Wireless PCI adapter for Windows 2000
I am looking for a wireless PCI adapter that supports WPA on Windows 2000. Since Windows 2000 does not have the Wireless Zero Configuration service like XP does, then the wireless PCI adapter needs to...

SMA connector types
Hello all, I've messed up a circuit just a little by ordering the wrong kinds of connectors. I expected male and female terms to refer to either insede or outside threads, hoewver now I can see that...

Unconsistent wireless network
I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird. It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it...