Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

My Network Places
OK, I am able to see and share files, that's no problem, between 3 machines. All machines are running XP Pro SP3 and all the same workgroup name. Why, when I search for computers, do I not see all the...

Does WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption work on Vista?
I have Vista Home Premium with SP1 and all the updates installed. I have a MSI PC60G wireless adapter, with the latest driver, and it is unable to connect to my Linksys WRT54GL router with WPA or...

ICS or Bridging?
This spring I shared a broadband connection from a laptop in Mexico by using ICS from the PCI broadband card to the ethernet port. I then used a router as an A/P only. The laptop is underpowered and...

Biquad on Dish Question
I have what I call my reference antenna an MFJ-1800 spec says 15db gain (hmm ?) best signal is -72dbm to -70dbm. My test signal is in a building about 100 yards away. I built the biquad with 30cm lips...

always_on.sh script in DD-WRT not working
Hi folks, I have a odd problem with script. But first some background, my setup is this: -------

Does wifi interfre with audio speakers/amplifiers
I had been for an network installation in a cinema hall. the owner of the hall refused wifi sighting that wifi would produce interference similar to those produced by the gsm phones. is that the case?

Wii Wireless Doesn't Work with AT&T DSL 2Wire 2701HG-B Modem/Router
When I had my Wii console connected to the Nintendo server just fine. Now, with AT&T DSL, it sees the SSID, connects to the wireless router, but can't get to the Nintendo Server. "Error 52232 Unable...

Anywhere-in-the-city wireless internet
I phrased my previous question a bit awkwardly. I'm looking for any kind of wireless service that allows you to access the internet wherever you are in your city, similar to a cell phone, without the...

The Code One

Which WiFi package in SW US for 1 month?
Hi all, I'll be traveling in the s/w US for a few weeks in July. I would like to purchase a 1 month package for WiFi access. Any suggestions? I've found Boingo and MobilityPass but they are both...

HELP: specific 2.4GHz video xmitter interference, what causes it?
I am going nuts. We are using a 2.4GHz wireless video broadcaster in our home (Germany, 240V, 50Hz, PAL TV 25fps). It is based in the lower level and transmits a satellite receiver output to the upper...

Setting the router's clock
I have an Airlink wireless firewall/router that I am using only as a WAP on my LAN -- there is no connection to the WAN port, and I have another host on the LAN that serves as firewall/router/DHCP...

Amazon: Linksys WRT610N Simultaneous Dual-N Band Wireless Router
http://snipr.com/LinksysWRT610N

TNC/RP-TNC adapter
Hi Someone recently made up a cable for me to connect an external antenna to my WRT54GL. Unfortunately, the person that did the cable didn't understand the difference between TNC and RP-TNC, so my...

New Wireless USB Adapter purchase
I'm about to purchase a new Wireless USB Adapter. I have the one listed first below. added an N connector to it to attach it to an antenna. It does what I wanted it to do. I will purchase a second...