Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Linksys Wireless N router problem with 3 laptops
I just installed a new Linksys Wireles N router. Customer wanted to use no security (3 miles away from next home, 1/2 mile off road). At first all three of his laptops connected fine but then started...

WRT54 setup script
Im extremely new to setting up wireless routers but lately I have found myself setting up quite a few WRT54GSs in client mode for myself and friends. While it is not particlarly difficult to do I find...

Buffalo Access Point signal strength
I get about -70 dBm (solid green bars) signal/noise in Netstumbler. Distance < 10 feet Model of AP: WLAH-G54 Occasionally it goes to -30 dBm but only for few seconds. With this AP, I will be lucky if...

New to wireless questions
After 15 years of 2-3 kbs download speeds we finally have the option of getting cable internet through Charter in St. Louis and instead of renting the modem and router for $10 a month I would like to...

Compact Flashbased 80211.G or N adapter?
Looking for an 80211g or n based wireless network adapter to use with a PocketPC type handheld PDA. Any tips? TBerk

Need to buy a new wireless USB adapter, but which one to get?
My old Hawking Technology's Hi-Gain USB Wireless-G Adapter (Model: HWU54D; original version) broke and I need to get a new wireless USB adapter. I liked its small dish thing (not a handy man to make...

Helix antenna
In WiFi is there any standard convention for the polarity of a helical antenna. I am building a 40 turn unit and wanted to know whether I should build it right or left handed. Yes I know this will...

trouble connecting d-link DWL-820 through DI-634M to internet
Hi. I have a DWL-820 'gaming adapater' attached to a laptop (ip address 192.168.1.135, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.1.1). I can connect to the admin utilities of both devices, and I've...

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
NEW HOME OF WIRELESS WIKI IS A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless...

Does anyone know of a wireless AP that enforces some sort of login for access
Hi, I have a customer with a wireless cafe and they would like customers who use it to have to login with a password of the day before using it. I've seen some wireless services where you first...

San Francisco Giants fans
As I am a baseball lover, I try to watch games whenever I have time. But, for me, and without doubt for thousands of other fans all over the world, I love the ( ) San Francisco Giants and I do my best...

Windows XP wireless network list behaviour
I built a cantenna and it seems to work great but with it I noticed an odd behaviour with the list of networks Windows sees: If I point it in a direction and search for wireless networks, get the...

Canon MP600R wireless setup problems, any help much appreciated!
Hi, I bought a Canon MP600R to use with my wireless network at home, but have had no luck in getting it working. I am not that familiar with firewalls etc and wonder if that might be the problem. I...

Any experience with RadioLab GS2000 wireless bridge?
I'm looking for a wireless point-to-point bridge to cover approximately 1.5 miles. The sites should have line of site (will confirm with SPLAT!), however one site may have some tree blockage. The...