Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mount Allison wifi intercept
I was at a store in Mipitas today and tried to get the towns wifi on my phone. Anyway, I intercepted a wifi beam from Mount Allison SSID: Allison South SJ Link 3 Mac Address: 00:02:2D:64:B4:8E...

help to solder coax for external antenna on pcmcia cards
Hallo everybody, i searched a lot but found contrddittory infos on where to connect an external antenna disabilng the printed one (or two) on the circuit board. Some says the signal must be taken b4...

15 Element Wi-Fi Yagi
Okay guys and gals, it's done. After lots of e-mails asking about a good Wi-Fi antenna that is simple to build and still beats the cantennas and wok-tops: http: . Gain is around 15 dBi, and it is made...

802.11b DSSS or FH ?
Hi All, Up until a day or so ago I have been of the understanding that 802.11b used Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS). I set up an Agilent Spectrum Analyser on the 2.400 - 2.450GHz band and was a...

AMOS question (Ping Jeff)
Regarding the AMOS5 in the other post, it looks like going with ABS plastic is the way to go. A 3/16 ABS sheet is relatively stiff, though it will need supports along the way to make it stiff enough....

Unblock the websites you love!
Are you tired of being in your highschool/university classroom or at work and not being able to visit the website you want? With sfsf loan you can now unblock popular social networking sites such as...

Just an interesting note.
A *long* while back I asked a question here that was never answered. The scenario/question was......... Connected to the ISP's modem is a home rtr. In this case, a wired-only Linksys of which the m/n...

Drop of RT73 USB adapter for few seconds
Hello, who can help me with the following problem: I have a RT73 USB adapter connected to my laptop running XP. Problem: The adapter drops after a few seonds than it comes up for e few second and...

LAN but no Internet
One of my son's roommates contributed a Linksys WRT54G from her parent's home to their apartment but they couldn't get it to work. Trying to help them, I reset the router, configured WEP 128-bit...

WLan connected clients
Hi, I have a question. Suppose this scenario: I have a notebook with a 802.11 device (doesn't matter if a/b/g), which is connected to WLAN named "A". It's possible to obtains the others connected...

YOUR INBOX EMAILS WILL GIVE UR INCOME--
YOUR INBOX EMAILS WILL GIVE UR INCOME-- YOUR INCOMMING SMS PAY'S U INCOME-- EARN BY JUST READING SMS ON UR MOBILE ?Inviteid=134129IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER 1. EMAIL VERIFICATION 2. MOBILE...

Question for Jeff Liebermann
Hi Jeff, I found an old post of yours where you said "DD-WRT and OpenWRT both have a bridging mode. However, it's not exactly transparent bridging and may cause problems if you expect transparent...

Browse the net without being monitored
RW5qb3kgdG90YWwgcHJpdmFjeSBvbiB0aGUgSW50ZXJuZXQgbm9ib2R5IGNhbiBzcHkgb24geW91 Lg0KpqampqampqampqampqampqamfiBGdWxsIFNTTCBTdXBwb3J0DQqmpqampqampqampqampqam...

Connecting to my college across the street using my router?
Hey folks, Just curious but I would like to connect to my University which my wife works at across the street from me. I am using the following router... As it is now I have wireless with my ISP to my...

Technique for enhanced Internet privacy whilst using P2P networks
In addition to blocklists, would it offer any additional privacy to periodically change your IP address whilst downloading files using a P2P network? The argument for this privacy technique could be...