Your advice re secure access to remote datacenter

Dear All,

I am setting up the IT infrastructure of a small company (staff of 10 in the UK and Japan). We are in need of a remote data center with a secure access (mostly for confidential file sharing). We would like to outsource as many things as possible and obtain a simple, yet secure, IT solution.

Please note, I am IT savvy, but I'm no IT professional, and I am therefore looking for relatively basic advices and guidelines. For now, I would go with the following ... any comment?

- datacenter: : a dedicated server such as provided by

formatting link
: a physical firewall : Windows Server 2003

- secure access: : Windows VPN client/server solution (company staff have all Vista x86 or x64)

Regarding VPN authentication: I would prefer to use password-based authentication with strong password policies rather than security token cards. What options do I have left? Is Windows VPN client/server a good option? Are MSCHAP2 or EAP difficult to implement? Are there better (and cheaper) VPN client/server solutions available?

That's a lot of questions for one post... but any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Delrieu
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.