XP VPN client does not work

Hi all you IP gurus,

We are building hotspot here in Denmark with Cisco Access Points and Cisco routers for the backbone. Now we have some customers which cannot connect to there VPN server with the XP build in VPN client.

On the routers we have allowed all IP traffic.

So does some have experience with such a problem og and idea on what is wrong?

Greting from Denak

Lars

Reply to
Lasse
Loading thread data ...

l2tp/ipsec or pptp (client is the same it depends what their server needs) what error message are you getting from windows ? I'm guessing you are natting to the internet, what routers/firewalls do you have in place along that route out and where does the nat take place ? simon

Reply to
Simon

Hej Simon and others,

Her are some of the configuation of the router (Cisco router) that handles NAT.

ip nat log translations syslog ip nat translation timeout 1800 ip nat translation tcp-timeout 1800 ip nat translation udp-timeout 1800 ip nat translation finrst-timeout 1800 ip nat translation dns-timeout 1800 ip nat pool kunder-net 192.234.22.1 192.234.22.249 netmask 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside source list 1 pool kunder-net access-list 1 permit 162.15.0.0 0.0.255.255

Could someone see something from that - will that configuation allow pptp and GRE ?.

Lasse

"Sim>> Hi all you IP gurus,

Reply to
Lars Kalsen

Hi Lars, There's nothing there I can see that could cause the problem with pptp. My next thing to look at would be to cisco to see if the code on the router can nat pptp correctly, or needs an upgrade/fix. Simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.