VTUN on new intel MacBook

Hi:

I've been running vtun for years between linux boxes. I've recently acquired a new intel based mac and I've constructed the Tun/Tap kernel driver w/out errors and loaded it into the kernel. I've also built and installed vtun 2.6 (w/out lzo and ssl.) I'm not to concerned about the lzo and ssl since I tunnel thru a compressed SSH connection.

I cannot get the connection to succeed however (even in testing w/out ssh tunnelling.)

My simple connection entry in the client vtund.conf looks like this:

macBP { type tun; # IP tunnel proto tcp; # UDP protocol compress no; # Compression is off by default encrypt no; # Encryption keepalive yes; # Keep connection alive

passwd xxxxxx; # Password up { # Connection is Up ifconfig "%% 192.168.61.2 192.168.61.1 "; # IP address will be assigned by the server }; }

Linux server side is the same except IP's are reversed and ifconfig cmd is slightly different for linux.

In /var/messages on the server I see (I changed IP addr to X's; it was the correct addr):

Feb 28 16:23:12 boss vtund[4996]: Reloading configuration file Feb 28 16:23:23 boss vtund[9703]: Denied connection from XX.XX.XX.XX:54166 Feb 28 16:23:28 boss vtund[9719]: Denied connection from XX.XX.XX.XX:54167 Feb 28 16:23:33 boss vtund[9740]: Denied connection from XX.XX.XX.XX:54168 Feb 28 16:23:37 boss vtund[9846]: Denied connection from XX.XX.XX.XX:54169

Both ends are running vtun 2.6. Other vtun clients connect to this host w/no problem. The connection name and config matches at both ends.

Looking for help.

Thanks John

Reply to
JohnRHarlow
Loading thread data ...

I've fixed the problem. I found and built and installed the lzo-1 libraries and installed the 2.5 PPC binaries for vtun.

Works like a charm

Reply to
JohnRHarlow

I've fixed the problem. I found and built and installed the lzo-1 libraries and installed the 2.5 PPC binaries for vtun.

Works like a charm

Reply to
JohnRHarlow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.