VPN Works only in dialup

Hello, I've set up in the office a VPN-Server based on Windows Server 2003 and this server has only one network card configured for 10.0.x.x network with

255.255.0.0 subnet. The default gateway for this machine is a Cisco Firewall 10.0.0.101 that supply internet broadband connection. Internal DNS is 10.0.10.0 VPN Server has a pool of static IP addresses for the clients: from 10.0.51.1 to 10.0.51.50

From outside, there's a dedicated IP adress and all connection requests on dedicated PPTP & L2TP ports are routed by the firewall at VPN Server.

So, if I try to make a VPN connection from a notebook with a dialup connection all works perfectly: i can see all the LAN in which VPN server is....but....If I try to connect from home i've no connection problem (i can see my connection on server logs) but i can see nothing on office LAN

From home I've a ADSL connection and a D-Link DSL 504-Router with this configuration

DHCP from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.253 Subnet 255.255.255.0 Ethernet IP Address 192.168.0.254 Proxy DNS enabled NAT enabled

---------------------------------------------------------

This is the ipconfig /all result from home

Configurazione IP di Windows

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : xxxxxxxxxx IP Routing enabled. . . . . . . . . : No Proxy WINS enabled . . . . . . . . : No

Home LAN:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900-Based PCI Fast EthernetAdapter DHCP enabled. . . . . . . . . . . . : No IP address. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Gateway............ . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.254 DNS Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 85.38.28.70

VPN:

Descrizione . . . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface DHCP enable. . . . . . . . . . . . : No IP address. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.51.5 Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255 Default gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.51.5 DNS Server . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.10.0 151.99.125.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Diego.

Reply to
Diego
Loading thread data ...

Did you make sure that your router is allowing the proper protocols to pass thru?

If it works on dial-up and not thru DSL, then it sounds like the router config for your ADSL link is the problem.

You may also want to try and hook up your ADSL directly to your laptop and use PPPOE software. This will let you know if your ADSL ISP allows VPN protocols to go over their network.

moncho

Reply to
moncho

Can you expand on what you mean here a little? How do you check the protocols?

cheers

-Rob

Reply to
Rob

Some DSL providers, although they are far and few between, do not allow IPSec specific ports and so on. You will need to check your usage agreement with your DSL supplier. If it is one of the big ILEC's, blocked ports on the vendor's network is not your problem.

What you want to do is get your router out of the way first to make sure it is not the problem.

Did you make sure to allow VPN pass-thru on your router?

moncho

Reply to
moncho

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.