VPN Help

My situation is this...

I have the following hardware/software components:

• gateway box (Windows Server 2003 - external to the netwok domain) using Routing and Remote Access
  • RADIUS server (Windows Server 2000 - it's the Domain Controller)
  • IAS server (Windows Small Business Server 2000)

I have attempted to set up the RADIUS server, gateway box, and IAS server for VPN connections using MCHAP and a shared secret (which I have triple checked on each server). I have also opened up the relevant ports on the gateway box to allow the VPN connection in (and it was configured as a NAT/VPN server through Routing and Remote Access). When I try and connect the VPN I get the following error message on the client trying to connect...

Error 930: The authentication server did not respond to authentication requests in a timely fashion.

Then when I check the gateway box's event logs the following is listed...

Event ID: 20073 - The following error occured in the Point to Point Protocol module on port VPN4-127, Username: DOMAIN\\username. The authentication server did not respond in a timely fashion.

When I check the RADIUS server's event logs the following is listed....

Event ID: 17 - A signature attritbute is required in Access-Requests from Client VPN (gateway box).

When I check the IAS server's event logs there is nothing!

Can someone please help me out or give me guidance as I am stuck at the moment... thanks in advance!! :) :)

Reply to
Loz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.