VPN from Cisco 1721 to PIX 525 - Advice please?

Hi,

I've just got a Cisco 1721 router working with ADSL in one office. My next challenge is to get that router to make an IPSec call to a PIX 525 in our Head office (the 1721 has the relevant hardware module to perform VPN).

Our PIX 525 is set up to receive connections from clients running the Cisco VPN client software and I have once before set up a tunnel from that PIX to another remote PIX.

My question is, can you get the 1721 to make a call to the PIX in the same way that a client would. Or is the only way to construct tunnels from the 1721 router to the PIX and vice-versa?

I'm relatively new to the world of Cisco, and find that I am learning best by example! If anyone has any sample configurations that cover this scenario, or can offer any advice on how best to go about doing this, I'd really appreciate it. I've found a fair few examples and will continue to try and understand these in the meantime.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
martin.stenner
Loading thread data ...

Martin,

I'm sure you'll have read thru lots of examples by now. Probably got it all working already. :-)

My 2cents here:

you might be better off setting up a site-to-site IPSEC VPN, rather than the EasyVPN client-server setup. Lots of these cfg examples on Cisco.com.

Cheers!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
VinceL

All sorted and working now. The Christmas period gave me chance to really look into this. It's been an interesting journey, but I now know a lot more about Cisco routers!

If anyone would like a copy of the config that I used for this solution and the segment for the PIX end, please feel free to email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Cheers,

Martin

V> Martin,

Reply to
martin.stenner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.