VPN connection plus access over wireless

I have a computer on my home lan connected via ethernet. I use vpn software to connect to my office. I would like to access the office network from another pc over wireless to the the first pc. Is this possible? We PC1 connects to my office, it of course, gets an ip address of the office network. The wireless card gets an ip address from my wireless dhcp server. I would think that since the wireless card is in 192.168.1 network and my office is in a differnet network, PC1 should act as a router.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Cigarman
Loading thread data ...

What is the 192.168.???.x of the office PC?

Do you use a PARTICULAR vpn CLIENT? If so , you have to use it on EACH of the home LAN computers.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

The office pc wireless card is 192.168.1.8 The office pc ethernet card is 192.168.1.7 When i connect vpn, i get 172.29.1.10

my wireless laptop gets 192.168.1.5

so, what your saying is that if i wanted to access the same vpn i would need to run a vpn client on the laptop.

could i not configure the office pc to act as a router between the 192 network and the 172 network and access the 172 network from my wireless laptop?

Reply to
Cigarman

in theory, but in practice many VPN have problems when there are multiple layers of NAT.

In order to access your PC your laptop has to be a member of

192.168... but to access the VPN you have to be amember of 172.29... --- The VPN client gives you a "virtual adapter" to allow your computer to be a member of BOTH IP sets.
Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.