VPN clients with 2 ADSL lines and one networrk

He means the two SA's for the VPN's are conflicting with each other. But you were not even clear as to what type of VPN you are using. Is it IPSEC or GRE or neither? Also, you only mention the internal addresses. Are you using NAT? (you must be, since 10.xx.xx.xx won't route on the internet!) Since you MUST be using NAT, the problem is likely that the VPN server see's all tyhe machines trying to connect as coming from the same IP address. That won't work. Each outgoing VPN connection to that VPN server must come from a different external IP address. That answers why only one PC can connect thru the first gateway at a time. This is to be expected. The work around would be to do a site to site vpn rather than a PC to site vpn. (do the vpn connection on the gateway, not the PC)

Reply to
T. Sean Weintz
Loading thread data ...

Hi u all :)

Heere is the problem : I've got 2 ADSL connections, and 2 Speedtouch

510/4 - The PCs and the modems are connected on a switch. One of the modem is 10.0.0.138 and the other is 10.0.0.51 , then some of the PCs are connected to the internet via 10.0.0.18 Gateway the others via 10.0.0.51 ( The PCs are 10.0.0.xx/255.0.0.0 ) . Everything works well for the internet, but, I need to connect all the PCs to a VPN server and that's what confuses me. Every PC using the 10.0.0.138 gateway can connect to the VPN server, and they can be connected simultaneously. The PCs on the other gateway can connect to VPN server, but only one at a time ! It is not a number issue : I can connect 5 PCs together to the VPN server on the '138' gateway, but even if no PC is connected on this gateway, I can only connect one if I use the '51' gateway . Sure I'm missing something, but I've been unable to find an answer, and I've been searching for about a week now .

So, if anyone have an (good ;) ) idea....

Thanks a lot,

cu, jf

Reply to
jf

SA are clashing.

Rosario

Reply to
Rosario Cevena

thanks, but.... what do you mean ??

Reply to
jf

Thank you :). But that doesn't explain why several PCs, on the other gateway, can connect at the same time, since he local addresses are the same ? I let most of it configure itself, the only changed the default address from

10.0.0.138 (deleted it) to 10.0.0.51 because the first modem/router is the 10.0.0.138 ! When I look at the config, I see :

PPPoA_1 IP adress Type = auto Conversion: napt eth0 10.0.0.51 Type= Extra Conversion : none

Do you know how I make the connection to the gateway ? Or where I can find an help about that ?

thanks again, jf

Reply to
jf

the problem is that both network have the same ip, 10.0.0.x, you

should change 1 of the net work to 10.0.1.x then it should work.

Reply to
kienly

"kienly" a écrit dans le message de news: RZKdnZEjz7FNCfTfRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Thanks for your answer :) . But it was not the reason. I've solved it last friday : there was an automatic IP adress added in the modem configuration (in the route table). I deleted it and everything works well now :)

Thanks again, JF

Reply to
jf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.