VPN and IP addresses

Hi guys,

I am working for one company at a site in the UK, and have been given VPN access to another company in the US. My company's network uses IP addresses of the form 10.0.0.xx and the remote company use IP addresses in the form 10.0.1.xx I am having problems connecting to their VPN, however the connection details work fine from home (where IP addresses are of the form

192.168.1.xx). I think that there may be a problem with our router at work, which will be replaced soon, and so I just wanted to ask whether there are issues with VPNs and IP addresses if they are setup similarly on both sides?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
mfoyle
Loading thread data ...

VPN is such a generic term, but if you are talking IPsec VPN, there are usually problems when you have overlapping IP ranges.

It depends on your netmask for your 10.0.0.x and 10.0.1.x networks if they are overlapping or not, so check on your netmasks for what you are really using. If they are just /24 netmasks, the networks aren't overlapping, and you should be fine with reguard to IP ranges.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

That will likely be your problem. As for you PC which is the vpn client. Depending on how your VPN is setup, it will use its routing table from its LAN and VPN simultaneously. There are other implementations that allow precendence over the other.

Check out....

formatting link
they provide SSL VPN managed service.

Also my store.

formatting link
Good luck.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
William Alcantara

Hi,

You can use ViPNet VPN. ViPNet can handle this issue by providing virtual IP addresses for whole created VPN enviroment over real IP addresses. You will not need to change anything. You could try to make it with a demo of ViPNet for

45 days.

ViPNet VPN is an IP based VPN, not SSL.

formatting link

Reply to
Norvik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.