VPN advice

My client is going to have 4 locations connected via routers preconfigured by AT&T (managed) over T1, and at the home location another T1 providing internet access to all four sites. I will need to install a hardware firewall solution and setup VPN for off site personnel.

My plan is to setup their Windows 2000 Server to handle the incoming VPN connections, therefore I simply need a firewall solution that allows for VPN passthrough. It seems like something as simple as a consumer level router/firewall, like a Netgear or Linksys device, would be sufficient, but I don't know if there is a limit to the number of VPN connections that could be passed through. The client says that in the future they may have the need for 8 or more simultaneous VPN connections, but I don't know if that will even be an issue for VPN passthrough.

Does anyone have some good advice for an inexpensive product that will handle what I need it to do? Do I even need to worry about simultaneous connections if I'm just enabling passthrough and the server actually handles the connections?

Rob Miles

-- There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Reply to
CTSI.2Robs
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.