using checkpoint VPN with cable modem

Hi all, untill recentlly i used a checkpoint vpn with dsl connection without any problems. a week ago i changed the connection to a cable modem and now its look like i am connecting to my work place but after a minute the connection failed. foes anybody have an idea what is the probleb? can you give me some tests to run on my PC to check where the bug is? Thanks you all Yael

Reply to
yael
Loading thread data ...

Is your cable modem connected to a router or direct to the computer? The reason I ask is that a while back we were trialing routers for some of our employees and we found two models that would cause SecureClient to re-authenticate every 30 minutes almost to the second. Both were Thomson Speedtouch routers if memory serves. I also found a colleague who was using a Netgear of some kind with the exact same problem.

Reply to
Memnoch

thanks for your respond! my cable modem connected directly to my computer.... any other ideas? please?

Reply to
yael

Hi, What's your IP address when on the internet ? I'm just wondering if your new ISP uses nat that could break the VPN connection, if not that perhaps they block it anyway. I'm assuming the switch from dsl to cable involved a new supplier. simon

Reply to
Simon

If that was the case it probably wouldn't connect at all. Have you tried any of the connectivity enhancements like forcing UDP encapsulation?

Reply to
Memnoch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.