Tunnel established, but no ping

I have established a VPN tunnel between a Linksys WAG54G v.2 and a OpenSWAN server behind a USR 9106 gateway. The connection is established correctly, but I cannot ping a host in a network form a host on the other network. Logs show only the established connection. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Heruan

Reply to
Heruan
Loading thread data ...

What does a traceroute (tracert in Windows) show?

Reply to
Jim Hatfield

A traceroute shows the path to the IPSec gateway and then hangs:

h-tower:~ # traceroute server.telperion.aldu.net traceroute to server.telperion.aldu.net (192.168.0.10), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets 1 server.laurelin.aldu.net (192.168.1.10) 0.189 ms 0.127 ms 0.138 ms 2 * * * 3 * * * 4 * * * 5 * * * 6 * * * 7 * * *

this is from network 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24, the same happens viceversa. The tunnel sometimes works, it seems to hang randomly after 1-2 days. Then I can re-establish it but I cannot ping anymore...

Reply to
Heruan

Heruan ha scritto:

[CUT]

The problem seems to be the USR 9106 gateway, when I reboot it the tunnel returns to works. That gateway supports IPSec protocol, so I don't know how can I solve this issue...

Reply to
Heruan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.